Marantz 6300 "auto" function not working

Lennong

Hey, new here and new to vintage audio in general! My dad gave me his old set up, marantz 6300, pioneer sa7500, kenwood tuner and audio reflex eq 1.. Happily going to replace a zenith turntable console I got for free..
My question is, when I have the turntable set to manual, it all works properly, but once I go to auto, I place the arm over the record, platter spins, then I hit "down" and the arm drops, but the platter slows to a stop.. Strobe light still on just the platter won't spin! Where should I start?

Last edited:
Iv downloaded that! It tells me which switches it turns on when you engage the down cue, I'm just confused as to why it works fine in the manual mode, but not in auto

There is a photo-optical sensor that may be out of adjustment or not working at all.
There are several AK threads about it.
Hope that helps some.

Bob

Well, I'm gonna assume those 2 switches oozing aren't a good sign!

Attachments

• 20190104_221911.jpg
    20190104_221911.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 42
I have a 6300. So in auto with your table on you place your tonearm over the record. Nothing should yet be on. The platter should not be turning at this time. No servo light on. When your hit the down button and the tornarm begins to move down the platter begins to turn, light come on and record starts to play. When it reaches the end tonearm comes up and everything turns off. On the back of table is a hole with a standard screw for adjustment of when the tonearm will come up at the end of record. I know this sounds simpleton but maybe it will help if you have ever seen it work properly.

Back
Top Bottom