Marantz 6350Q

DougNM3

Well, I asked for it and I received... You know the old saying, a good deed never goes unpunished?

Well, I talked with a local audio guy that I know has a great selection of unsed vintage gear. My only needs were direct drive and wooden plinth. What did I end up with? Just as the title describes.

At first blush, the table is in relatively good shape. No major gouges, and everything, except for two feet, was there. It powered up and the quartz lock seemed to be working, along with the strobes, the actual pitch adjustment, and the speed selectors.

Now for the bad news. The tone-arm raiser was completely sheared off and the headshell where the tone arm pivots was/is cracked. I've sourced a couple of feet and have also gotten a new cover for the strobe light that has the writing on it(mine was missing the writing). But now the hard part comes in...

Do any of you know if there are direct replacement alternatives for the 6350Q pivot head? Would something from another Marantz work? I'll tag a picture of mine in disassembled state to show what it looks like. Any alternative solutions would be greatly appreciated! I've checked several locations online and have asked various people, but there's really no direct data on alternative swappable parts.

Attachments

• IMG_1379.JPG
    IMG_1379.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 34
Go to organdonorparts.com (used turntable parts), and click on the Marantz logo. They show a tonearm assembly available for the 6350 (not sure if its the same for Q) for $28. If they don't show exactly what you need, e-mail them. They have lots of unlisted parts.
Steve

Last edited:
Go to organdonorparts.com (used turntable parts), and click on the Marantz logo. They show a tonearm assembly available for the 6350 (not sure if its the same for Q) for $28. If they don't show exactly what you need, e-mail them. They have lots of unlisted parts.
Steve

Thanks Steve!

Been there, checked that, and emailed them direct. Their response time was amazing and the guy was very polite, but alas, they don't have it any longer...

The strange thing is that the arm that is listed on their site is what I would call an open pivot, as compared to mine that is what I would call a closed pivot. Anyone know if their is a benefit to either?

Back
Top Bottom