Marantz bulbs

turkey

I just went with my friend to check out a Marantz 2226b.
It was in good cosmetic shape so he bought it.
Previous owner said it needs a couple bulbs.
Anywhere local that we can purchase these?

SE Michigan area even...
I'm in Plymouth.

Thanks!

What type of bulbs do they use? Do you know the voltage? (I can poke around Google later when I get a few spare moments.)

I have a Carver M-500t, which has the two large analog meters on the front. On the Carver forum I had inquired as to what type of bulb it uses, and someone sent me some bulbs pulled from some 1970s Japanese receivers. These are an 8-volt solder-in type that were all the rage back then.

The Carver is (thankfully) out of my system now, so I still have a few spare bulbs. If they are the same 8 volt type, I could get a few to you. Keep in mind that they are used bulbs, so they could last years, or just months. I had one of my meters' bulbs burn out again, but it could have been the opposite meter (the one with the original bulb from Carver--they are decades old and had daily use here). However, I don't know of anyone that sells new 8-volt bulbs--I don't think they are even made anymore. Hence, my getting the used bulbs.

For the Carver, I'm likely going to keep it for a non-critical system, but I do plan on recapping it and converting the meter bulbs to LED, as many have done. So I won't have any use for the bulbs. I just need to get a couple of warm white LEDs so I can match the original look. I'm surprised nobody makes some sort of conversion kit for these vintage receivers.

I just went with my friend to check out a Marantz 2226b.
It was in good cosmetic shape so he bought it.
Previous owner said it needs a couple bulbs.
Anywhere local that we can purchase these?

SE Michigan area even...
I'm in Plymouth.

Thanks!

Dave in South Lyon has them. PM Dave/dgwojo on AK - he can fix you up.

Back
Top Bottom