Marantz model 112

BluePhantom2

Well I’m having one hell of a weekend for audio equipment. On my way home from doing a donations run to good will I came across an estate sale. They had two good looking speakers, a Marantz amp and a Marantz 112 tuner. Amp didn’t have the output and input for an EQ like I want so I skipped it but the tuner was in really nice shape- posted for $125. I put a bid on it for $75 and went home, expecting a call in the evening. Is that a good price? I’m trying to build a full system- silver faced equipment specifically- with an amp, pre amp, EQ, all the good stuff. Is this a good starting piece to build around or should I pass?

If you're going with vintage Marantz units then yes ,not bad.
If you're not then build your system around the amp you're buying first.

Bob

If you're going with vintage Marantz units then yes ,not bad.
If you're not then build your system around the amp you're buying first.

Bob
Alright good to know. I’ve been assuming that Marantz is gunna be the way to go, they fit the aesthetic I want perfectly and all I seem to hear is pretty good things about them.

Somebody else came by and snatched it for full price before I could even go get cash out. Oh well. Does a tape in/out work to hook up an EQ for all the channels?

Look for a Marantz 120. It's the least expensive good model. Same as a 125 but without an oscilloscope.

Back
Top Bottom