Marantz Model 16

bigjay25

Just got a new marantz and works great except the 2 light bulbs or pilot bulbs went bad.

Any idea where to get 2 bulbs or even the size and volts on the bulbs

thanks guys

That's a nice sounding amp. My buddy has one that is practically mint and just had it recapped. AK member dgwojo should have lamps for that. Email him. If not, this guy certainly does. He recapped my buddy's 16.

Bigjay, The Bubs are a #7349. 1.26 watts, 6.3 volt, .2 amp, .55 MSCP, glass shape "T", BIPIN Base, 5000 hour life, C2R filament. Try google-product search for "7349 BIPIN", or better yet do "16435ATR". They are cheap & easy. I've had my 16(B) since new (along with a 7, 7T, 15, and a pair of 9's). Decent products all. Let me know should you need anything more. bob berkman, mojave desert ctcdaggett@mindspring.com

Hi. I have a 1969 Marantz Model 16, 100W RMS per channel power amp. It is two model 16M modules screwed together with splice plates, and a nice Marantz brushed aluminum faceplate. If you are interested, my best friend bought it in 1969 as a power amp for our band P.A. system. We played Chicago, Blood Sweat and Tears, Old Soul, Santana, Allman Bros., CCR, Grand Funk Railroad, etc... I bought it from him, and I put new filter capacitors in it in 1979. I have used it almost continuously since then in my home stereo and also in my P.A. System. It started "honking" at me in the left channel last week (March 2016). So I took it apart, found a loose screw on a filter capacitor, left channel. I also cleaned the start relay contacts on both sides, as they were dropping out now and then. I could replace the single lamps on each side with two 20ma white LED's in series with a 100 Ohm resistor. If using only one LED, a 220 ohm resistor is required. The hard part would be making a 0.22" insulator and poking some wires through it to put through the front plate hole into the socket on the amp board. By the way, they built the front plates with two holes, but the one on the left channel central side has a trim potentiometer behind it, maybe a balance between the two channel gains. The right channel has nothing behind that hole. Tonight, I ordered lamps, 0.228" (5.8mm) diameter, 6 volt, bi-pin style from Bulbtown.com, product code #7349 Miniature Bulb G3.17. It is much easier for me to just buy these and avoid all the custom work. Custom can be fun, but tedious. I hope this helps. Thanks. Joepicker.

Bigjay, The Bubs are a #7349. 1.26 watts, 6.3 volt, .2 amp, .55 MSCP, glass shape "T", BIPIN Base, 5000 hour life, C2R filament. Try google-product search for "7349 BIPIN", or better yet do "16435ATR". They are cheap & easy. I've had my 16(B) since new (along with a 7, 7T, 15, and a pair of 9's). Decent products all. Let me know should you need anything more. bob berkman, mojave desert ctcdaggett@mindspring.com
How hard is it to replace these? Never been inside an amp, but have built PCs.

Back
Top Bottom