Marantz Model 22 series numbering

xpert54

Lost in Music
I'm just a bit curious about Marantz model desigination. I am in the process of bringing a Model 22 back to life. Looking at the Marantz database posted in this forum I do not see a model 22 4040 listed and is the 22 4040 a correct model desigination??. According to the faceplate it is a Model 22 40 RMS 40.

So am I reading this right? I like the reciever and its coming along nicely. however there are a couple of small issues that need to be attended to. any replys are greatly appericated.

Thank you!!. I never thought the reciever was that old. Its a very worth while keeper. I don't ever remember seeing one of those back in the early 70's. I remember a lot of the later ones from 1975 up. I kinda wish it had the wood cover instead of the metal one with the fake wood grain vinyl covering

Model 22

I never saw a case for the 22 that looks like that one in the catalogue ...?

Here a pic of my model 22 with a with the wrong WC-22 cabinet:

model22hwv.jpg

It may have the wrong cabinet on it but its a really great looking reciever. The face plate is exceptional as is the wood case. I hope mine looks as good as yours when I'm thru.

Model 22

I never saw a case for the 22 that looks like that one in the catalogue ...?

Here a pic of my model 22 with a with the wrong WC-22 cabinet:

model22hwv.jpg
What is "wrong" about the WC-22, exactly? I think the correct case is either the WC-3 or 4, but the 22 looks okay. Sorry for dredging up an old post, but I'd like to know how well the WC-22 works with the Model 22, right or wrong. The WC-22 seems to be easier to find.

What is "wrong" about the WC-22, exactly? I think the correct case is either the WC-3 or 4, but the 22 looks okay. Sorry for dredging up an old post, but I'd like to know how well the WC-22 works with the Model 22, right or wrong. The WC-22 seems to be easier to find.

I have a 22 model and spent quite some time trying to gathe rinfo on what the correct woodcase should be. But in no old Marantz ad, catalogue etc. the web has to offer was the model 22 specificially mentioned. Lyticale's wc22 looks great though. Except for that little transformer hum (yeah, I tried...), it is one great piece of equipment.

I don't know if this will help, but here's a Model 25 in a wood case.
IMG_0810.JPG IMG_0811.JPG

Here's a Model 28 with a case for a top mounted Garrard changer. Guess the Model 26 was the same unit except for the case and it had Phono inputs on the back, whereas the 28 had internal RCAs for the top mounted changer. Nice 20 wpc receiver. I added Phono inputs to the back of this one.

AUDO-191007-469-Model28.jpg

[QUOTE = "Danimal57, post: 10742482, member: 263055»] Что именно «неправильно» в WC-22, точно? Я думаю, что правильный случай - WC-3 или 4, но 22 выглядит хорошо. Извините за то, что вырыли старый пост, но я хотел бы знать, насколько хорошо WC-22 работает с моделью 22, правильно или неправильно. WC-22, кажется, легче найти. [/ QUOTE]

Hello! the front panel is twenty-two slightly smaller than the 22xx series cabinet, there will be small slots

Back
Top Bottom