Is there more to your story? Did you ever sell the model 9 prototype and get a bigger house with a dedicated sound room? I just discovered this thread and am very curious.

Is there more to your story? Did you ever sell the model 9 prototype and get a bigger house with a dedicated sound room? I just discovered this thread and am very curious.

Yes, unfortunately I did have to part with this Model 9. Our family was growing at the time and I was able to let go of quite a few pieces to get us into something bigger. Actually glad we did this back then as the value of our place has skyrocketed in the past 3 years!

Here's the new place. Nestled on 2.5 acres with no neighbors in sight.
20210509_155450.jpg

Currently finishing the basement which will eventually be my space for stereo stuff.

I have a #9-4. I t does not work now, because some parts and wires are cut and removed around V2 by previous owner .
It looks same as #9-6. I got it about 35 years ago from my audio friend.
Now I decided to restore it again.
But restore is very very much difficult, because no information of wiring.
I wrote a letter to Sidney Smith 30 years ago, but no reply.
I can not send images, because it is now at a repair shop.

I would like to have information to fix it(#9-4).

That may be next to impossible given these are prototypes and no two were alike. I looked at pictures of #9-6 and it does look quite similar to yours, but without an schematic, this is just a guess. With Sidney Smith long gone, and with his unwillingness to give you information when you first wrote him, you may be stuck at this point.

These amplifiers should be kept and appreciated as rarities, even if not working, IMHO...

Yes, unfortunately I did have to part with this Model 9. Our family was growing at the time and I was able to let go of quite a few pieces to get us into something bigger. Actually glad we did this back then as the value of our place has skyrocketed in the past 3 years!

Here's the new place. Nestled on 2.5 acres with no neighbors in sight.
View attachment 2501510

Currently finishing the basement which will eventually be my space for stereo stuff.
Fantastic! Thanks for the reply. Beautiful house and expansive yard! Nice to know you are doing well!

Back
Top Bottom