Marantz MR series...does anyone care?

Theoberheim

Knobby | Knoisy | Knice
I just posted a reply on someones thread about this series and it got me thinking, :scratch2: Do any of you "Marantz Heads" care about the MR series of Marantz receivers?

I picked up an MR 235 a while back. At first I had no clue what it was. I was new to the audiophile universe, and new to Marantz...., at any rate, I was trying to do some research about and found that this series was/is largely overlooked by Marantz collectors as it was the first generation of "Post Marantz, Marantz receivers"

I did read an another forum that this series of receivers was made using the original Marantz design albeit with a new faceplate calling it MR 235 (instead of Model 1530). Can anyone here confirm this? (They sure look the same, does the same hold true for the circuitry?)

Personally, though I do not care for anything after this series, I think this one is a bad ass little receiver.:thmbsp:

Attachments

• DSCN693q324554.JPG
    DSCN693q324554.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 43
I had MR255 Theoberheim, and I'm sure when I looked for a schematic for it, somewheres on the net there was one service manual listed for both, the MR255, and 1550.

Back
Top Bottom