Marantz: Pay big $$ for consultation or free?

VintageNut

Well, here you go. You want answers to your hifi equipment questions? Pay these dudes 100.00 an hour and they will chat with you over the phone about your Marantz, Pioneer, or Mcintosh...or you can come in here and bother the tech types for free....I like free better....

I'm setting up my own consultation service, for 100.00 an hour I'll answer all of your questions on drinking beer and crapping, that's me right there in the pic consulting...

:banana:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50591&item=5721808417&rd=1

There was a guy on eBay a while back selling an ass kicking. You pay him, he comes and kicks your ass. If he was still offering this service I'd buy it and send it to these "consultants."
But-that's just me! :D

Actually. I have chatted with these guys for free a couple of years ago, about 10 minutes, concerning my Pioneer receiver. At least I thought it was free, maybe they are sending me a bill? They are very competent techs, but 100.00 an hour?

I have nothing good to say about this guy he's the owner/operater of circlestereo. When I was frist bitten by the vintage audio bug I shipped two Receivers to him a Pioneer SX-1980 that had a channel out and a Sansui G and he kept them, that right just took them. Things started out fine, he seems to know his business and was pleasent to talk to, than communiction ground to a halt and I have not been able to contact him in almost a year. I tried thephone numbers I had and the one on his ebay auctions, but after his machine take the message nothing. He and a few others made my introduction to vintage audio a bad experence, until I found this board and followed the suggestions found herein I had a couple of similar experences. I not going to let him have my property, I have a substantial investment in the stuff he has, trouble is he's in Dripping Springs Tx. and I'm in Chicago. I posted about this problem before, but didn't use any names hoping dispite the evidence against that hope that we could conclude our business.

That a real shame. This shop should come clean with your gear and right away !!

unbelievable..I mean I believe you...they are probably 4 hours from me...I'll go break in and get your stuff....but I might keep the SX-1980..

Maybe you should tell them that you are leaving several meassages here about what they did, and that you have already cost them business...of course, they might have all the business they need anyway...heck, I'll send them an email and say I was thinking about buying one of their high dollar restorations on ebay until I came in here and heard about what happened to you.....

VintageNut said:
I'm setting up my own consultation service, for 100.00 an hour I'll answer all of your questions on drinking beer and crapping, that's me right there in the pic consulting...

HAHAA thanks for the laugh. I like the addition to the avatar. :thmbsp:

blohrd3 said:
I have a substantial investment in the stuff he has, trouble is he's in Dripping Springs Tx. and I'm in Chicago.

Dripping Springs.......a suitable place for him and his business! I can just imagine "a day in the life"! You need to get the authorities involved. This appears to be a case of outright "theft".

Last edited:
I like VintageNut's approach, however, cops these days are willingly going after internet theft. Worth a try to contact his area's PD.

-Ed

blohrd3,

That happened to me once. This local guy took my SX1050, failed to fix it, accidentally dropped it from 6 ft height, and refused to compensate. After calling him 5 times without anwers I decided to list his phone, home, and name on warning list on the Web. He is out of business now. :yes: And I make sure if his ad shows up my warning will immediately follows :naughty:

You should keep a log as to your attempts to contact him with dates and responses. Also, send a certified letter requesting he either return your property along with the date shipped, models and serial numbers and a copy of any paperwork you have. Give a resonalbe time, say 30 days, for a response. Then contact the local authorities and request to file a criminal charge. The state may say it is a civil matter but in many jurisdictions an investigator will pay a visit and do a preliminary inquiry and suggest the matter be resolved asap or the state may have no choice but to file. This usually is enought to scare the person into resolving the matter. Works better in small thinly populated areas than say NYC.

Thanks you guys, great suggestion. I'm going to go for the criminal charge, contacted an attorney and I'm waiting for a return call and whatever he decides.

It rasp the soul to allow someone to f**k you over with out a fight
Robert Howard

You should also determine the unit's monetary value as this will determine the severity of the criminal charge. There's always a value point that once exceeded changes the theft to grand larceny....scarier for the bad guys! This exact price level varies by jurisdiction so ask your lawyer and then get an appraisal from a source that will be recognized by the court.

Anthony

I spoke to an law firm pretty prestigious group they pop up on tv from time to time,this is a service provided thru by my union, he didn't seem very interested in the case I guess from his point of view he dosen't see bushel of buck raining down on him I estimated my loss at $2500 in this state thefts of $300 and overare considered felonies , got an appointment to meet with him 07 Jan 05 and he'll take a look at it . :thmbsp:

I think you'll find that a strongly worded dunning letter from a lawyer will be all that you need to get your gear back......or at worse a contact from the local district attorney should suffice.

Anthony

heathkit tv said:
I think you'll find that a strongly worded dunning letter from a lawyer will be all that you need to get your gear back......or at worse a contact from the local district attorney should suffice.

Anthony
That is exactlly where the attorney had planned to began he'd said that the first action would be to contact the Attorney General office in Austin, but get this I awoke this morning to discover that I had an email from the gentleman and I'm expecting a call to arrange shipping of both recievers back to me. He stated that the looooooong delay was due to his not being able to find output transistor

Who would of thunk it. after many emails and phone calls I mention it on AudioKarma voila!. :thmbsp:

i have heard off and on about that guy in dripping springs for several years. he has a reputation of taking forever on certain jobs. but i don't think i have ever heard of him being an out and out felon. just painfully slow.

as far as the consultation service goes, if you're willing to pay, then go for it, dude. and if you're not, don't ....

shrinkboy

Back
Top Bottom