Marantz PM 310 Amplifier

humber

I am looking at buying a pair of AR Teledyne AR 8s speakers but have to also take the Marantz PM 310 Amplifier as part of the deal. I no nothing about this amp. Any help, advice or opinions would be appreciated. Over to you guys.

Just happened across this thread....... well, not a thread, more like a bristle. My parents had one of these when i was a kid. It sounded great to me then, replacing as it did an old HMV stereogram. I as about 12 when they got it and they STILL have it and a tuner and cassette deck. All Marantz. I tend to think its not overly illustrious since my parents weren't audiophiles at all. But I still remember being totally blown away by the volume......... (in comparison to the HMV remember)

I've got a PM200 and it is discrete outputs by the power level, so I'd expect this to have discrete outputs as well, in which case it shouldn't sound too bad.

yrly said:
I've got a PM200 and it is discrete outputs by the power level, so I'd expect this to have discrete outputs as well, in which case it shouldn't sound too bad.

I've got no idea what that means........... whats "discrete outputs by the power level" ?.......... I feel suddenly dumb:scratch2:

It should say "by that power level" as some of the lowest powered ones have STKS. But in any case, discrete outputs are just that, as opposed to having STK packs which have various parts of the amplifier stage integrated onto a single chip. Some will argue they sound better with discrete outputs but by this time Marantz started to cheap some of the stuff out by cutting corners.

Back
Top Bottom