1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Marantz PM6005 with Monitor Audio Bronze 2?

Discussion in 'Solid State' started by kray, Jan 15, 2018.

1. kray

kray HE>i Subscriber

Aloha! My first post in years...

I currently have the Monitor Audio Bronze 2's with a PS Audio Sprout, although it's a very nice combo, I feel it's missing something musically. I will be selling my Sprout, and after researching, I'm about 80% sure on the Marantz PM6005, but haven't heard it with the MA B2's.

Anyone have experience with this combo? or do you think the MA's will match well with the 6005? Or any other integrated I should research around ~$500 that pairs great with the MA's for musicality (old jazz, Norah Jones, Diana Krall, Jack Johnson, Beck, Pink Floyd, etc)

Please register to disable this ad.

2. kray

kray HE>i Subscriber

I scored the Marantz PM6005 open box for $425 shipped + no tax, so it's kinda like a easy long term audition since i can easily sell it close to what i paid.

So if anyone is interested in my Sprout it's FS in BarterTown.

3. Bevancourt

Bevancourt New Member

Not sure if the Marantz worked for you, hot the new Sprout 100 is really good driving my Dynaudio Excite X14's. No shortage of power

4. kray

kray HE>i Subscriber

Ended up returning the Marantz. I’ve ended up going back to a tube amp and vintage Sansui. Totally happy now. I saw the new Sprout added some power. Definitely a good idea.

Bevancourt likes this.
  5. Bevancourt

Bevancourt New Member

It's all about what makes you happy.

6. lico

lico Super Member

That's right. Monitor Audios can be a bit bright - tubes might have helped. Newer Rotel could have worked too I think.

Please register to disable this ad.