Marantz Preamp

harleyrider

Just picked up a Marantz Preamp model M-7T i know nothing about it yet , its in a wooden case . Needs a good cleaning and tlc to the woodwork. I havent hooked it up yet so i dont know if it works , guy says its been in storage for over 20 years.. Would attach a pic but im having problems in that area? What do you do when they ask for a URL file ive tried everything it wont even take one from my pc i dont have this problem with sending pics any other place ? Im lost on that any help and ill post some pics of this thanks

http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/0007t.html - this should give you some good info about your purchase. As for pics - you can use a number of picture hosting sites such as flickr.com to download your pictures onto. These sites will in turn provide you with a URL that you can use to post your pics here with.

To post pics

1. Know the url prior to creating a reply for the forum.
2. Click the world with the chain graphic in the advanced post reply section
3. Insert the URL into the popup window and click ok.

To post pics in audiokarma

1. Click on manage attachments below the dialogue box where you would type your reply.
2. In the pop-up window select "choose file" - find the file and hit ok. Then hit the "upload" button. Wait until all pictures or files have uploaded
3. Hit the "close this window" at the bottom.

This should help...if not let us know and someone may be able to take some screenshots which would help even more.

TC

Thanks for the input, im registered to photobucket and have pics downloaded on that . What is a URL , im new to this so bare with me . As far as the steps to download from management attachements, i go through the steps and it starts loading . Then i get a page saying it couldnt go through. Im on dial up is that the problem ? thanks again for any help

Thanks for the website about the marantz, is this worthy of a overhaul? I have a spec 1 at the moment and i like it alot . I will put another system together if its worth it. I know this stuff cost alot to repair , so i dont want to dump money into something thats not worthy.......... thanks again

A url is a web address such as http://www.audiokarma.com. I am not familiar with photobucket but when you load a particular picture it should give you a web address for that particular picture which you can copy and then paste into the pop-up window on the audiokarma site. Dial-up could be a problem, as it might time out when you are uploading the pictures. However, if you already have pictures loaded on to photobucket it shouldn't make a darn bit of difference.

As for whether it is worth the overhaul, that's a decision you are going to have to make. I have never owned one of these preamps, maybe someone here has one so they can chime in about its sound quality. If it was me I would say yes, but I enjoy vintage Marantz. I hope you can get the pic thing figured out, it would be great to see pics. I also can understand how frustrating these things can be. Good luck, let us know if you have any more problems.

TC

Thanks for the input, im registered to photobucket and have pics downloaded on that . What is a URL , im new to this so bare with me . As far as the steps to download from management attachements, i go through the steps and it starts loading . Then i get a page saying it couldnt go through. Im on dial up is that the problem ? thanks again for any help

Dial up doesn't help you but sometimes when uploading pics you have to resize them before posting to AK. If yours are too large it should tell you that when you try to upload.
Even with cable it takes a little time for pics to upload and with Dial up I'm sure it will take quite a while.
Be patient and just try to post one pic the first time to speed up the process and see if it will work.

marantz pics m 7t

marantz m7t pic

I cant figure this out , ive tried to copy and paste to both the upload url and from my conputer selections it gives . I keep getting that its invalid or that it failed . But no reasons . The pic is in my pictures and is 640x480 easyshare jpg size 168KB. Im lost , it errors out quickly ???? i pull the pic up and go up to the bar and copy then come to paste it with my message and nothing this is frustrating. thanks for you guys trying to help me ....:scratch2:

It can be confusing.
If you are running windows just click browse on the upload pop up on Ak then select the pic you would like to post and click open that file and it should go to upload line itself. Hope this is clear.
If you are not running windows I don't know.

pics again

lets try this again , it works on some pics that are smaller than the one im trying to post here lets see

Attachments

• 2005-07-01 00-00-24_0001.JPG
    2005-07-01 00-00-24_0001.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 51
hey you got it to work congrats, case looks rough, but looks like it will be a fun project. Cheers

TC

Looks ok. Needs tlc as you stated but probably a pretty good unit.
If it cleans up ok you can change some internal caps and get it back to top operating condition.
At least you got the pics straight.

thanks everyone i really appreciate audiokarma and the people involved, got to go just got home and the fed ex guy finaly got my spec 2 here. Its 2am in the morning but hey whats a guy to do ? gotta hook this monster up Thanks to Echowars its beautiful im as ahppy as a kid at christmas

Back
Top Bottom