Marantz receiver destruct test...

Arkay

Lunatic Member
Check this out: http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache...spina+newport+rhode+island&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1

I'm biting my tongue not to say what I really think of these testers and their very un-scientific approach to destroying this restorable unit, and their evident prejudices... this is a civil forum. Suffice it to say, their test did NOT properly re-create the conditions of the advertised "fire/drop" unit, nor was their unit in the same condition before the test, nor was it even the same unit, etc...

They seem PISSED it DID work nonetheless.

Obviously they hate anything Western as well. They seem to love everything Russian, claiming a Russian SACD player weighs 300Lbs(that would be stupid)..lol
They also say no American equipment or Japanese can survive being ran over by a tank. I say it is stupid to run your equipment over with a tank in the first place.
They are surely anti-western or some kind of russian supremecists. Hard to tell however.

I can tell you, the 22XX, if cushioned by some soft wood could take a 25ft fall. And as you see from their torching of the poor thing that it can take a burn. However, if they had put it in water for a long time, it would never work again.
Poor 2220 didn't deserve their idiotic trashing of the thing.

If anyone knows those guys, please beat them down.
No piece of equipment deserves such a death.

I think the whole thing was idiotic.Is any receiver ever going to be subjected to those conditions?I think not.

I've busted up stuff like this before, but its always been Yorx, Soundesign, etc. BPC. My sister went to school w/a girl whose parents were LOADED. Mary Lou said this gal trashed a Yamaha somewhat "like mine", except it said "3020" on it...Whimper...

I've been most misfortunate to have had a house fire and I can tell you that many items I pulled from the rubble lived to work again - CDs included.

The referenced link appears to be the type of guys who need more to do......

Cheers,

David

I'm crying right now....:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: So what if it didn't work right...its repairable.. even if it wasn't then at least it could have served as a donor parts unit... WAHHHHHHAAAAAA

Let us all take a moment of scilence and rember a fallen comrade...

Perhaps in a year or two they'll learn how to masturbate, and have other things on their minds besides destroying something they deem worthless..

Sure shows how indistructable those are, but I think that guys a f***hole.:bash: :nono: He dumps it in the trash and is proud of it:thumbsdn:--treats it like i treat broken BPC.

theblackknight said:
Sure shows how indistructable those are, but I think that guys a f***hole.:bash: :nono: He dumps it in the trash and is proud of it:thumbsdn:--treats it like i treat broken BPC.
I agree, someone who would love a good starter receiver could have used that 2220B.
I will give my 2220B a hug for it's lost brother.:yes:

At least someone could have used the knobs, amp sections, etc....idiotic morons.

this Idiots have forgot to measure the DC-Offset's BEFORE and AFTER ...

Its so clear: Puttin(g) some Russian Hip-n-Hopp trough the Marantz,
they gone wild. "... destroy, what destroy Yourself!"

or something like this !

In any case, the 2220 have still worked, against all stupid "The-s-Ter's" ...

forget it! Childrens :smoke:

d.

I think they run their audio reviewers over with tanks, too. I guess equipment doesn't have to sound good, just be tough enough to withstand bombing raids.
BTW, Alex, an all tube SACD player would probably weigh 300lbs:D :D
The Ruskies still don't use transistors. Forget ICs.

There is always a couple of ingrates about and always a couple of folks who give them the ideas to do what they can, so who is responsible? For this? A Kenny, Yammie I didn't get a site, or, a Lurker? Some one knows something about this, be a bigger girl and fess up!

Happy Holidaze Ya'll

And as an aside anyone who has the %*&# to drop a Marantz or any other fine audio piece from that high up for what they call fun should come to my house, I'll make you squeek little buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

funny Ha Ha

May as well take one of 13 Generale Lee's and make'm take a nose dive!!!!!!!!:D :banana: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

reminds me of the show Mythbusters which I hate and refuse to watch. I am Happy with my myths and those clowns couldn't recreate the conditions for eating a jelly sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom