Marantz SA8005

I've listened to a few SACD's with it Dan and they really are impressive. The basic sonic signature doesn't change however the dynamic shifts are more impressive. Blacker backgrounds leading to more dynamic crescendos. It's really nice to have an SACD player again.

I was a little skeptical but it seems the Brio-R can handle the high frequency advantage of the SACD :thmbsp:

Apparently I missed the fact that the LM215 is still on the website. Contacted the dealer to see if they are still available. If they are I would move the Marantz to a second system...we'll see.

Art, they should carry you from one listening room to another on their shoulders. I know I would, were I in the hi-fi sales business!:yes:

So last week I listened to a couple of CD's with the SA8005 and listened the rest of the weekend to the new Dentons in the HT. I did change the cables back to the Chords (what can I say, I'm a Chord guy). So this weekend back to critical listening with the SA8005. What a difference a couple of weeks can make. Nearly everything that irritated me about the SA8005 is gone. No more vague and diffuse sound. It sounds sharp (in a good way) and nicely detailed with great imaging. I'm smiling...this is good.

Do you feel there's substantial difference between the direct-DSD playback and the PCM playback?

SACD's sound excellent. I don't listen to both layers on the same discs so not much for comparison.

Good to hear you're digging the SA 8005, Art. Thanks for the ongoing review.

I haven't owned very many CD players, but absolutely love my SA 8001. To my ear, both Redbook and SACD sound very nice (SA 8001 - Onkyo A-9555 - TimeFrame 600's).

Hey Art - I'm following this thread and have enjoyed your journey! Any chance you've heard the Marantz SA-15S1 player and could comment on whether or not they share similar sound signatures? I'm bummed the 8005 doesn't come in silver (at least not yet anyway), but have been on the lookout for the SA-15S1.

Hope you continue to enjoy it!

Hey Art - I'm following this thread and have enjoyed your journey! Any chance you've heard the Marantz SA-15S1 player and could comment on whether or not they share similar sound signatures? I'm bummed the 8005 doesn't come in silver (at least not yet anyway), but have been on the lookout for the SA-15S1.

Hope you continue to enjoy it!

Haven't heard the 15's that I remember. I had two dealers tell me that to their ears the 8005's sound better than the Reference 14's. :dunno:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom