Marantz speaker owners???

I just purchased a pair of Imperial 6s last week, and hooked them up for the first time last night. I'm really impressed with the sound, I paid $25 for the pair. One interesting thing, someone added a horn to each speaker somewhere along the line. I need to refinish 'em, but otherwise they're in great shape.

Top end Marantz Speakers

I own the HD880's and the 930's which have the same driver complement in a designer cabinet. Both sound warm and rich and I had to hunt for them and buy pieces to get them together, but after refinishing the cabinets and doing all the re-foaming, I am happy. Good sound, but not like the Dahlquist DQM 7's I just picked up, a little more forward. I have Polk SDA's but have not a/b'd them yet. I also have the Pioneer HPM 100's, and they are not bad at all. The old stuff is really great when you match it to some vintage electronics. My son asks why his 7 speaker surround does not sound as good, and his ears are almost thirty years newer than mine, and he can tell the difference. Speakers are subjective things, and you just have to try a few different styles to find one that suits you. Never mind what others say,as their ears are different than yours, and there are no 'trained ears'. Just listen to what you would like to come from the music, the details that some speakers mask over or don't reproduce at all. I like acoustic guitar, and love to hear the sounds of the artist's fingers sliding from cord to cord. AS to the Marantz Imperial 7's, had a pair and could not stand the 80 hertz 'bump', really disappointing, truly a rock and roll speaker. Sold them to a chap that liked the sound, go figure!

I Love My Speakers

I have a pair of Marantz SP 800's.
I need to replace the surrounds on the woofers,does any one know of a good repair book that I could use to do it my self?

Is Marantz still making speakers?

Got a pair of SP-1250's, not the best on the high end but they can take anything I throw at them and make the walls shake.

I use a pair of DMS 250 from early 80.

I know, this is not very very true Marantz nor plain vintage.

IMG_6392.jpg

http://www.acec13.fr/tvc/Marantz/Marantz DMS250.html

two pairs of Imperial 6g's that I love, but have just disconnected for a pair of Bozaks

one pair of Imperial 5s that are in the bedroom. Great small speaker!

Marantz LS 360

Hi All! I am trying to find out about a set of Marantz LS 360 speakers. I am wanting to know when /how they were released and if they are worth much.

Attachments

• Speaker!.jpg
    Speaker!.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 108
A quick Google revealed nothing.Now this is not always the case but in my experience when nothing comes up that means they usually are nothing special.Did not look like nothing special from the photo either.

HD 77s here, love 'em!

Attachments

• S5000547.jpg
    S5000547.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 136
  • S5000546.jpg
    S5000546.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 115
Come on help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The LS 300's came out around 1983 so your 360's are around then or later.
The earlier 70's Marantz speakers (HD and Imperial series) were pretty darn good speakers, but like the later Marantz gear their speakers went down hill after that. If they sound good to you that's all that matters.

I would say welcome to AK but I see you have been a member for a year now and this is the first time you posted.
Come on now, help US out and PLEASE go to the introduction section and introduce yourself. We would like to know who we are talking to.

Hd-660

I have a pair of HD-660s working with a Sansui AUD11 integrated amplifier. Balanced sound and nice looking speaker. I also have the JBL LX600 in the same system and I think the HDs are for more long listening sessions, the HDs are less brilliant than the JBLs. Some photos of the drivers :

medium.jpg

tweeter.jpg

woofer-1.jpg

Imperial 7 owners?

Having come across a decent pair, I have request for a pic of a woofer on a know original pair, and the OEM of the original woofers. My pair seem to have newer woofers in them. Quality build, cloth surrounds, but want to confirm they are original. Also attached is a pic of the caps. Worth replacing?

Thanks for your help.
Glen

Attachments

• IMG00103.jpg
    IMG00103.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG00098.jpg
    IMG00098.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom