Marantz SR-6011, Yamaha RX-A3060, or Integra DTR 60.6?

Discussion in 'Home Theater & Video' started by HiFiJeff, Sep 8, 2017.

1. HiFiJeff

HiFiJeff Active Member

I am building a new home theater and it's going to be a 7.2.2 Dolby Atmos system. It's also going to serve purpose as a two channel critical listening room. So 2 channel audio quality is VERY important. I have narrowed it down to these 3 AVR's. But am leaning towards the Marantz. Just because of their reputation for music playback and the fact it's the only AVR that has 7.1 analog inputs that I could hook a higher end cd player or dac into. Also, I am most likely going to purchase a separate power amp for the front 3 channels, so power isn't a big concern.

Any suggestions from people who have heard these different units?

2. HiFiJeff

HiFiJeff Active Member

Thanks guys!!!!!!

Crickets! LOL

3. whoaru99

whoaru99 Epic Member

I think it would be rare for someone on Audiokarma to have direct experience with three specific and relatively new AVRs.

Even on AVS forum I think to find such specific experience would be a fair stroke of luck.

4. StimpyWan

StimpyWan Super Member

I've owned Denon (Marantz sister brand), Onkyo, and Yamaha. I still use Yamaha...! :cool:

As to sound quality, and reliability, I like Yamaha very much. My RX-A3030 uses ESS SABRE32 Ultra ES9016S DAC's, which sound very, very sweet. Better than the Wolfson and Burr Brown chips I've heard (and owned). Plus, you'd have to step up to the $1299 Oppo UDP-205 player, with Dual ESS ES9038PRO Sabre Pro DACs, to better it. And for multichannel, I'd rather use HDMI, for better format compatibility.

bigx5murf likes this.