Marantz SR-8100 DC receiver - any info?

kvandekrol

My dad recently gave me an old Marantz SR-8100DC receiver that had been sitting around the house for years. All I know is that it's from the very early 80's, between 80-82. Since it's right outside of the Marantz "golden age" of audio equipment, it's not considered a classic and so I can't find a bit of information on it anywhere. Can anyone help me out?

I'm mainly looking for WPC, resistance, original price, basic stuff like that. Thanks!

According to the orion blue book:

1981-1984, SR-8100DC 90 WPC, 4 ohm-Rated Compu/Tuner/Built in 5-Band EQ , New List About 6 bills.

Holy crap, so it's actually not that bad of a machine then?

General speaker question for a relative newbie: if I have 8-ohm speakers (Marantz HD-55's), will it cause any problems if the receiver is 4 ohms?

Thanks for the info!

Reactions: G37
no these models are just as strong a the B line of the 2200 series.
they are the last suerscope designs.!
mind you these models are made after 1980. so Philips has a big share in marantz. :nono: :nono: :nono:

look for marantz SR9000

good prints, high quality components=makes a strong and good sounding machine.! :thmbsp:

that is a great amp very low distortion. My brother runs one.... I would not mind having one if I can find one for sale someday.

Back
Top Bottom