Marantz SR5001 sound but no picture on HDTV

Tony, The cable box was different -- one of the cable boxes is a DVR box (the one with the new Vizio TV I tried yesterday afternoon). The Panasonic TV (TC-L32C3) was manufactured in July 2011 is connected to a cable box for HD video, not with DVR capability. The Panasonic doesn't have a feature to upgrade the firmware. Also, I've had the same problem on another Panasonic TV in a different city & cable provider (Time Warner), I was able to upgrade the firmware on that TV. I've been able to successfully utilize the both HDMI inputs successfully, for audio, on the AVR. The three TVs on three different cable boxes, what is unique is the failure of video on the TVs. The constant is the video signal not working from the AVRs HDMI output. That being noted, I'm always willing to try any other troubleshooting. Skip

Update: I called a local stereo repair shop. I was told a solution would be to utilize an optical cable. The connections would be Cable Box > TV (HDMI) > AVR (Optical Cable). The video would be taken care of by the direct HDMI connection from the cable box to the TV and the audio passed on to the AVR to the surround speakers.

Last edited:
Update: I called a local stereo repair shop. I was told a solution would be to utilize an optical cable. The connections would be Cable Box > TV (HDMI) > AVR (Optical Cable). The video would be taken care of by the direct HDMI connection from the cable box to the TV and the audio passed on to the AVR to the surround speakers.

Sure, if you want to do that. I thought HDMI was the way you wanted to go and that wasn't fully bottomed out yet. But, long as it works for you.

Back
Top Bottom