Marantz TA Series Receiver Owners

vintagestereo

Addicted Member
I'm just not one who gets off on having something everyone else has. And, the Marantz TA Series Receivers certainly qualify as the exception to the rule.

To me, that offer huge amounts of BANG FOR THE BUCK. As for the styling, I like it. But, it would have been almost IMPOSSIBLE do in metal so, we're stuck with plastic.

Yes, I know, there are many people who think the TAs are an absolute pile. However, there are those of us that really LIKE them. So, raise your hands and be counted.

So far, I know of rocdad, drbongo and grateful. Who else????

I know this is an old thread but I own a Marantz TA200AV. I’ve owned it since new in 1985-1986. 200 watts per channel. I do not know how many exist but mine is the only one I’ve ever seen. Serial # 88U010000

Last edited:
A rare bird. In the USA, then Marantz was under the B&K/Dynascan umbrella (best known for BearCat scanner radios and Cobra CB Radios). And Marantz then was big in the rent to own stores with their rack systems. And your model was one of the few somewhat high end offerings from Marantz then. Few were sold in the USA when new. You have a rare bird.

Back
Top Bottom