Marantz Wood Case....

SWL3600

I just bought a Marantz Model 140 amp and it has the original wood case. I should be getting it next Friday.

Of all the vintage mid-70's Marantz units I have, none of them have had wood cases while in my possession.

Before I take it to my tech to go through and restore properly, I may want to remove the wood case and re-finish it myself. (the case)

I'm curious how the wood case is attached? Are there set screws? What holds it in place? Does it slide right in and out or is there more to it?

Thanks for any info!

Should be the screws that hold the feet on, they go through the case and into the chassis.

New ones will be needed. Longer by the thickness of the cabinet accounted for.

Barney

Thanks guys. I'm curious because it seems like I'm always hearing of guys having a hard time getting the case on/off for whatever reason.

The problem is that once the feet are removed, it can be tough to get the heavy unit out without damaging either the case or the face plate or knobs on the unit. A lot of people put the unit face down on a pillow on a bed, remove the feet, and slide the case up off of the unit.

Thanks a lot for the tips guys. I'm a little anxious to get this. All of my Marantz units that I've had restored.....the before and after has been amazing. Their sound quality is absolutely brought to life.

I've got a 1070 integrated that was nothing special until I got it restored. Right now I'm using it strictly as an amp with a restored Model 3600 preamp and I can't get over how good it sounds and performs.

Back
Top Bottom