March Madness 2019

Too late because an old work email was used for Yahoo in the past.

Y'all will have to trust me on my picks. For example, I've got Yale beating a distracted LSU and UVa winning the whole darn enchilada, beating Sparty.

Too late because an old work email was used for Yahoo in the past.

Y'all will have to trust me on my picks. For example, I've got Yale beating a distracted LSU and UVa winning the whole darn enchilada, beating Sparty.

Then who is the Ken picking UVA over Sparty in the game?

Curious.

Then who is the Ken picking UVA over Sparty in the game?

Curious.

I think my English was mangled with some sort of ambiguous subject verb thing. Yale did not beat LSU. Came close, though.

To clarify, UVa will beat Sparty for the Championship.

I've read through the brackets and LOVE those of you who have my Jayhawks in the Final 4 or as National Champs! It killed me, but this year I couldn't rank them that high. :( I've played this bracket game for years with you guys, but I'll be damned if I know how the points work! :)

I've read through the brackets and LOVE those of you who have my Jayhawks in the Final 4 or as National Champs! It killed me, but this year I couldn't rank them that high. :( I've played this bracket game for years with you guys, but I'll be damned if I know how the points work! :)

Yeah, I did not read the rules but it must be fuzzy math.
No way the current standings reflect my basketball acumen :rolleyes:

If I interpret the scoring correctly, the bonus points reward correct upset picks. 1 bonus point for the difference between the seed numbers. Correctly pick a 10 seed over a 7 and get 3 bonus points. Correctly pick a 11 over a 6 seed and 5 bonus points. Quantity of correct picks doesn't seem to be my strong suit but a few long range shots must have found the bottom of the hoop.

If I interpret the scoring correctly, the bonus points reward correct upset picks. 1 bonus point for the difference between the seed numbers. Correctly pick a 10 seed over a 7 and get 3 bonus points. Correctly pick a 11 over a 6 seed and 5 bonus points. Quantity of correct picks doesn't seem to be my strong suit but a few long range shots must have found the bottom of the hoop.

You have it figured out, Roger's comment notwithstanding. When I took this over from @kcollins4 I noticed there were scoring options. I spiced it up a little with a less mundane scoring system. Call it High Risk, High Reward. It was enough to get someone to pick Yale over LSU this year, but not enough to get anyone to pick UMBC over UVA last year.

Thanks for summarizing this though. We have a couple new folks and apparently some old folks who never understood it. (jk, Darcy!)

I picked Yale in another pool and thought LSU a bit over-seeded, but it was too little too late. I like the scoring system, and there will always be upsets to capitalize on. Maybe UVA can put last year behind them, for Ken and their many fans. The B1G is now 6 - 0. Who would have predicted that?

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the scoring system, it's my "picking" skills that are lacking :)

IIRC @313guy took over the brackets in 2017 and explained then he was spicing up the point system :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom