March Madness 2019

So far, UVa looks like it wants to repeat its record-breaking performance from last year (first #1 to lose to a #16). Ken will have to follow my Hokies if he wants to watch a team from Virginia win. :D

So far, UVa looks like it wants to repeat its record-breaking performance from last year (first #1 to lose to a #16). Ken will have to follow my Hokies if he wants to watch a team from Virginia win. :D

I appreciate your concern. UVa is now comfortably behind by 6. Need some how-to-beat Gardner-Webb tips from the Gobblers.

I'm 100 percent behind your Hokies winning so they can take on Duke and beat 'em again.

Phew. That wasn't close.
I am ashamed to admit I was a little disappointed. When UVA were down at the half, I thought we would see an achievement for the ages: Losing to a 16 seed back to back. That will never happen, ever, but it could have.

I appreciate your concern. UVa is now comfortably behind by 6. Need some how-to-beat Gardner-Webb tips from the Gobblers.

I'm 100 percent behind your Hokies winning so they can take on Duke and beat 'em again.

Indeed, though Duke with Zion is a tad better than Duke without Zion. We do, however, have Justin Robinson back from his foot injury and the Hokies' power forward Terry Blackshear is no pushover (he averaged 18 points and 9 rebounds in the first 10 games VT played without Robinson), even for Zion. I'm following VT, UVa and Maryland. I'd like to see all of them make a deep run. I was also following Marquette and Wisconsin, but they bowed out quickly.

Indeed, though Duke with Zion is a tad better than Duke without Zion. We do, however, have Justin Robinson back from his foot injury and the Hokies' power forward Terry Blackshear is no pushover (he averaged 18 points and 9 rebounds in the first 10 games VT played without Robinson), even for Zion. I'm following VT, UVa and Maryland. I'd like to see all of them make a deep run. I was also following Marquette and Wisconsin, but they bowed out quickly.

And don't forget your coach, Buzz Williams. He is the most dynamic and entertaining coach in the NCAA. I find it hard to focus on a VT game because I'm watching Buzz run up and down the sidelines. He is doing a great job with VT :thumbsup:

I look forward to seeing Zion playing against UCF's Tako Falls tomorrow. He certainly isn't the athlete Zion is but his size may present an interesting challenge.

And don't forget your coach, Buzz Williams. He is the most dynamic and entertaining coach in the NCAA. I find it hard to focus on a VT game because I'm watching Buzz run up and down the sidelines. He is doing a great job with VT :thumbsup:

I look forward to seeing Zion playing against UCF's Tako Falls tomorrow. He certainly isn't the athlete Zion is but his size may present an interesting challenge.

I've been fortunate enough to cheer for Buzz Williams for nearly 10 years. He was the coach at Marquette when my daughter was there and he went to VT just as my youngest son started at Hokieland. Unfortunately, the word is that he's looking at taking the vacancy at Texas A&M.

Maryland just went down in a squeaker to LSU. Only 2 of the 5 teams I followed in this year's dance are left (VT and UVa).

Hope Buzz stays.
For sure. I don't have a good feeling about it though. Texas A&M has some wealthy benefactor paying gazillions to improve their sports program. A&M lured Jimbo Fisher away from Florida State for $75 million to coach football.:(

I see that most of us have a good win total,but our points are still fairly low.I think this had to do with every 1 seed,every 2 seed, and every 3 seed making it into the sweet sixteen.

All right it’s Sweet Sixteen time :banana:
I have 15 of 16 teams still alive, but tonight will change that. Although I didn’t pick FSU, I sure hope they win. Ditto for Va Tech :thumbsup:

Great game with Tennessee and Purdue. Congrats to Purdue, Kevin’s bracket continues to dazzle.

Texas Tech and Michigan (ketchup & mustard according to my wife) and Oregon vs Virginia are fun if you like low scoring, defensive battles :biggrin:

I'm dead last in the pool, but as long as UVa keeps winning, I can deal with that.

UVa should be able to match up with Purdue tonight. I suspect UVa's guards can shut down Cline. And UVa has more bulk than Purdue's big man.

Sorry to see the basketball Gods still favoring Duke last night. Having UNC and Duke dispatched in the same evening would have been a dream.

I. . . .

Sorry to see the basketball Gods still favoring Duke last night. Having UNC and Duke dispatched in the same evening would have been a dream.

Well, half your dreams came to fruition :confused:
None of mine did :p

The Tar Heels would have won but Auburn played better on offense, defense, and rebounding :rolleyes:

Good luck to UVa and congrats to Auburn :thumbsup:

My stay at the top will probably be short lived. A MSU vs VA final would be interesting but I'm going to root for the Zags who have always seemed to shred my pools.

My bracket got busted Thursday night when Tennessee and Michigan both lost. I watched Tennessee, but couldn't stay awake long enough for the late game.

@macgolf, I agree your stay at the top will be brief given you have the Jayhawks winning. You are living off your early bonus points but your chances of staying on top are slim IMHO. Enjoy it while it lasts.

@KeninDC Did anyone else pick UVa? I wish Yahoo showed more info on the bracket summary. You are not out if it yet in spite of being in 11th place. If the Hoos move on and Duke loses, your stock will go way up. Personally I am looking forward to Duke v. Sparty. If Michigan is not playing, I root for whoever is playing against Duke and MSU is somewhat local to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom