March Madness

djronc

Hi guys,

I guess I got caught up in March Madness. I went out and bought a MC 2205 like I really needed it. Attached are a couple of pics. My Mc lineup now consist of the C26 preamp, MC 2505 and MC 2205. I think I am done buying equipment for a while. This is getting to be an expensive hobby.

Djronc

djronc:

Great looking lineup.

Keep us posted as to how your gear sounds.

atuque

nothing like having more mac equiptment in the lineup..
looks good too.enjoy!!
I think I am done buying equipment for a while. This is getting to be an expensive hobby.
i been saying that to myself for yrs.dont fool yourself your addicted
:)
chris

That 2205 looks like it needs some new blue tints on the meters. You can pick up the blue gel in rolled sheets at any art product store. Cut to fit and it will look like new. The blue gel goes between the meter and face plate glass. When people break the faceplate glass they forget to remove the gels and tape them on the new glass.
Ron-C

I was wondering on that. When I put a new faceplate on my MC2125 I went by my TAP plastics store and they have the right color and thickness. I gave them the measurements and they
cut it to size for me. I cut some of the 3M double side foam stuff to make thin strips to put it on with and it looks perfect. :)

Carl

Thanks Ron for the advice. I was wondering why the meters on the 2205 were lighter than the 2505. Is there a particular color I should ask for? And what do you do, just pry off the meter bezel? Is it glued on or a snap in fit?

Thanks djronc

I ordered the blue tint from Mc. I think it came with the blue Lexi and appropriated double sided tape to attach it. I was ordering stuff already otherwise I would have just run out the a local Hobby shop and picked up a piece of tinted lexi from them. You could make your meters whatever color ya want then.

Grumpy

Originally posted by grumpy
..."I would have just run out the a local Hobby shop and picked up a piece of tinted lexi from them. You could make your meters whatever color ya want then."

Grumpy

Oh, but then it wouldn't have those classic big blue eyes! My MC7200 had a cracked faceplate and I bought a NIB faceplate on eBay for $100 that also had several different colored lexi gels that the seller was going to experiment with. When I replaced the faceplate, I tried out the green and yellow gels...they looked good, but not like a true Mac, so the blue was a keeper!

Back
Top Bottom