Marrs up on Fraud Charges (Don't buy there!)

guygo

So it looks like Marrs Communications has stopped shipping anything or responding to customers whatsoever. They are still taking PayPal money, yet any inquiries to the "orders" email get bounced as "Address not found".
Marrs has turned into nothing but a scam. I am very surprised PayPal wants to maintain any association with them.
Whatever you do, DON"T ORDER FROM MARRS! Vintage Audio and CEI are shipping the next day.

So it looks like Marrs Communications has stopped shipping anything or responding to customers whatsoever. They are still taking PayPal money, yet any inquiries to the "orders" email get bounced as "Address not found".
Marrs has turned into nothing but a scam. I am very surprised PayPal wants to maintain any association with them.
Whatever you do, DON"T ORDER FROM MARRS! Vintage Audio and CEI are shipping the next day.
I haven't had problems in the past. But, crap, I just placed another order from them this morning. Do they have a phone number?

I've never dealt with this business, but have read a ton on multiple sites. What I don't get is: If you can't/won't respond to customers is business too busy? If business is soo busy, why can't they afford extra help? I've looked them up, their belts are premium priced. I realize he had to establish connectivity with a manufacturer, wait for delivery, build a customer base; but their prices reflect this.

Here's their policy, they don't answer emails until the item is due to ship:

Order Status RequestReceived from Buyers, PRIORto our Posted " Ship Estimate " will Not be Answered or Acknowledged.
We Serve over 1,230 Customers Worldwide with 3 Employees. Thank you for Understanding
SHIP ESTIMATE
Thursday 8-2
7 Business Days
Maximum Ship Time is 12Business Days.

I've got another week before mine will ship. If not, all hell is going to break loose!

I won’t use Marrs any longer unless its my last resort. I have seen some real crappy comments from Marrs on TH where they intentionally shared customer information in a forum because a customer was publicly calling Marrs out for poor service and non-existent communication. Just a bad operator there.

I placed an order with them about 30 days ago. I have not received my order. I did get an email response from them about two weeks ago that said their PayPal account had been hacked but they would ship my order the next day. Could be just BS. I’m going to contact PayPal to get a refund.

Buyer beware.

Excuses, excuses. For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would order from them. Yes, they claim to have premium belts. But if you can't get their premium belts, what good are they?

It's all very weird with Marrs. I gave up on an order with Fred earlier this year. Then another AK'r here followed up with them and was eventually able to get what I needed, so I am not sure whats up there. I really want another kit for my Nak 1000.

It is interesting. They have no business ability but we have a demand for immediate shipment and they state at the outset, spending time changing colors of text instead of spending that time shipping orders that if you need now, order elsewhere. But his product is the one with the better quality. Kinda like Ferrari, they decide who will be allowed to buy their limited edition vehicles. Not that Marrs is selecting, I just think the are overwhelmed and there isn't enough money to hire more people. I have no idea of the inventory and selection process but if most of the business is now Krista and not Fred, I can see any issues with what belt for what machine bringing the whole process to a standstill. Additionally, all those that have waited too long emailing and some others needing pricing the email onslaught seems to be more than they can handle. I haven't seen anything that indicates that a large order will do any better than a small order in getting shipped so when it comes time for me to need belts, I just don't know what I'm going to do. I want the gear to work properly, meet specs and such but if I order belts, I would like them to show up in a couple/few months or less after paying for them and receiving a USPS tracking number. What a mess this business is and nothing seems to help. Oh well, what can you do, vent on the forums. what good is that.

I placed a belt order with Vintage Electronics for my Marantz 5025B and it was immediately shipped. The belts fit perfectly and my deck was up and running. No drama, just good belts. Something tells me that this super secret Marrs belt database is just a marketing technique.

Carter

I placed a belt order with Vintage Electronics for my Marantz 5025B and it was immediately shipped. The belts fit perfectly and my deck was up and running. No drama, just good belts. Something tells me that this super secret Marrs belt database is just a marketing technique.

Carter
It isn't a database it is a different belt. I bought a set of belts for a CT-F750 from one of the others. The wow induced by the drive belt made me put the old one back on the machine. The deck was unusable with that generic belt on it. I have not ordered from Marrs, yet but did get a quote. The follow up email was rather rude expecting my order. I haven't look for belts for tape machines for years. But the drama surrounding Marrs is amazing. Considering that the business is probably $50-100K per year, it is hard to hire more people. I don't know how much is involved with filling an order but all the comments on THs from them gives the impression they are over worked with emails, orders, complaints and such. I wonder why no one ever says they actually got their order from Marrs. Seems it would be appropriate with all the complaints we hear.

Best product in the world means NOTHING if they won't ship it.
You guys are acting like no one is getting product. They have hundreds of orders a week. The complainers are the only ones that have not received product this time around. What is that 20 people? geez,

You guys are acting like no one is getting product. They have hundreds of orders a week. The complainers are the only ones that have not received product this time around. What is that 20 people? geez,

Wow, so you consider 20 people not receiving their orders acceptable? What would you consider unacceptable?

Wow, so you consider 20 people not receiving their orders acceptable? What would you consider unacceptable?
for all the bs and the fact that no one has ever lost their money with them, I would think a 5% error rate for a private one man, one woman in a different state an acceptable level and with guessing 1200 orders a year that is 60 folks. We are just hearing from those that can't accept the terms that Marrs states: "We suck at delivery, we don't know exactly how to make it so orders are shipped out so if you order from us you are taking your chances." Everyone knows it what is the big deal? I didn't think AK was about slamming a business on a quarterly basis when someone has a problem. I know they don't respond to emails but there has to be a better way.

"They have hundreds of orders a week. "

"I would think a 5% error rate for a private one man, one woman in a different state an acceptable level and with guessing 1200 orders a year that is 60 folks."

1200 orders per year = 23 orders per week.
Hundreds of orders per week or 23, big difference.

Or maybe the numbers are just a WAG.

Well some are but from some of the things that were stated by Fred over the years, calculated guesses. Think I meant per month but whatever. We never hear from anyone that gets an order, just those that should be putting their efforts into getting satisfaction into contacting Fred and Krista. There is enough marrs bashing to warn anyone that do a search away from doing business with them. But they are the one place you might be able to get the right belts for a unit. Take your chances.

Last edited:
If they really are the best and/or only place to get the correct belts it seems like the best way to go about ordering is to place the order and stick the unit back in the closet until the parts show up. Most of us have more than enough stuff to play with in the mean time and if dealing with an eccentric/cranky person is the only way to get the stuff we need to fix them then what else can ya do?
It sucks but it's not like anyone else is willing to fill the vacuum on such a low money/high pain in the ass endeavor so it's either play by their rules or use generic parts and hope you get something that works ok.

If belts are not available anywhere but Marrs, I'd sell/give my equipment to someone who is willing to put up with the crap Marrs makes you put up with.

Back
Top Bottom