Maryland-Virgina-DC AK Members Spring Get Together

Thanks again Jim for a great afternoon. It was great being able to put faces to names.

And a special thanks for sorting my Thorens for me. I was able to walk across the room without it bouncing and jouncing the arm all over the place.

Glad to help, you have a nice example there! They do like to be level though.:D
Regards,
Jim

Thanks again to all who made the trip, and I hope to see all again at Ricks in the fall. We have ourselves a nice group that grows a bit with each Spring and Fall get together! :banana::banana:

Thanks again,
Jim

2012 AK Fest

Jim,

Thank you for being such a gracious host. I had a very good time at the GTG, well worth the ride from PA. I do not come to this forum often, but will be a more frequent guest.

Also, I can't wait to get to the Dave Grusin, and the other titles that you truned me on to. :thmbsp:

Mike (Esoteric Mike)

Jim as always, a gracious host, and thanks as well to his lady wife for allowing we gang of audiophools into her home. It was good the see AKers from the last two get togethers and good to meet new faces. Those reworked magnepans are awsome. Since the weather has changed - rain - I will get to work on those promised CDs.

Here's another thank you to the host. I'm glad we did the nametag thing this time, I have enough trouble remembering names anyway. The maggies sure sound great in the downstairs room!

Jim, once again thank you for hosting, It was quite the spread! It seemed everyone was having a great time, I know I did. Does anyone have photos?

Jim, thanks for hosting and it was wonderful meeting all the fine area folks and having a nice time. I really enjoyed talking to everyone about all sorts of topics, besides audio. I'm looking forward to the next meeting/GTG.

You're the greatest Jim! Thanks so much for having all of us over and giving us a great place to all sit around and get to know each other a little better.

It was great seeing some old friends, and making some new ones.

Jim...Nice meeting you and thanks for the hospitality...I had a great time....food was great and those name tags worked out fine putting faces to the AK name...:D

In a few words....... if you weren't at Jim's yesterday you really missed out. Good food, good beer and good company !!

It was nice to see some old friends, and nice to connect faces with AK names I've seen on the forum.

As usual, Jim was a great host. Jim your basement audio room is shaping up nicely!

Time passes quickly so keep in mind. I'll host the Fall AK Fest at my place again. I'm targeting early to mid October.

------------------

Jim, thanks for hosting this get together! It was great to meet you and all the other AKers that I haven't met yet in our group. Had a really nice time and the food and drink was great! You have 2 really sweet systems and your downstairs listening room is shaping up nicely. :thmbsp:

Pics

I posted the pics I took here, including the ones I took last year. Sorry if I missed anyone (other than me).

We didn't stay late enuff for the after party - hope everyone got home OK - - -

Yes the gathering was fantastic -- the food, the setting, the sound system in the basement. Thanks for hosting, you set the bar high!

Hah, as usual I find myself in a pic with a bottle in my hand and my mouth open. I swear every picture of me has that same pose. Maybe I should drink less and keep my mouth shut lol

I posted the pics I took here, including the ones I took last year. Sorry if I missed anyone (other than me).

We didn't stay late enuff for the after party - hope everyone got home OK - - -

Steve

Thanks or posting some pics.
You are clearly a very skilled photographer as you managed to make me look thinner and with almost a head of hair.......... :D

Glad to see I was further back in the pictures - saved the camera.

Will I doubt you will find the vinyl but Amazon has the CD of Gordon Lightfoot's The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. Only similar ballad I have of his is "Ballad of the Yarmouth Castle".

Back
Top Bottom