Matched Pair - 1979 Separates

RobV

Sansui Power
Just thought I'd post a pic of this pair. I've had the AU-819 since buying from Wisconsin Discount Stereo (mail order) in Nov. 1979. I bought the TU-719 only a couple of months ago. EchoWars and PunkerX recently made it nice. Mounted in the GX-5 rack, they look like they were meant to be together!

Looking good Rob, did you do the cosmetic restoration on the tuner yet. Looks real good in the rack.

X

Thanks X. Yeah, I'm very happy with the way the top of the faceplate turned out. I took it down to bare metal along the top edge, taped it carefully, primed, resanded w/600, and sprayed with 'satin' black. I'm not as happy with the cover, as I did not take it down to metal and some of the previous owner's scratched show through, even though I primed and wet sanded a few times. I either have to take it down to metal or fill the scratches w/ bondo before priming and sanding again. I would also like to find paint that is a little flatter than the satin black. Looks more like semi-gloss to me. Doesn't really matter mounted in the rack, though.

Btw, I've been using it a lot and it's performing flawlessly. :D

RobV

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom