1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Mating a Fisher 440 Amp to a 490-T Tuner

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by audmod01, Jun 6, 2017.

1. thornev

thornev Active Member

audmod - I use the Pickering V15 Micro IV on my Allegro and it sounds great. I typically listen using headphones (Oppo PM-3) and I can hear every detail. Treble is turned up and bass is turned down.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

My Elac 10F's aren't gllued, however my 50H is Glued. If the Cartridge mount has a screw on the front of the mount you can use that to align the cartridge Fore and
    Aft. I use the Pickering V15/AT types on all my FISHER's. Good General Purpose cartridge. There are ton's of different stylus foChanger and non changer, etc. I get the eliptical that is for changers. A bit stiff in compliance, but not earth shaking stiff.

3. gadget73

gadget73 junk junkie Subscriber

The V15 is a right decent cartridge, but it really depends what stylus is on it. Most of the stuff that runs in the 2-5 gram range works well on changers. Changers with crappy arm geometry do a little better with a conical though. I have V15's on several things. The Shure SC35C and the Pickering or Stanton DJ cartridges also work well on changers, especially ones with chunkier arms. My Zero-100 and the two Lab 80 are probably the two best changer arms I have, they run a Stanton 680A (its the conical), a Pickering V15 with some unknown stylus, and a Shure SC35C respectively.

4. audmod01

audmod01 Super Member

Thanks to everyone on feedback about the cartridge/stylus issue(s). Today dawns with rain predicted for most of the day. Our first shower was before daylight. Looks like I will be inside all day, so some more cleaning of the changer is in order.

I may get to look at some of my other Fisher gear.

Joe