Maxell MX-S Tapes

ZebraBlvd

Lunatic Member
Just had to share with people that would appreciate my experience. I have not been blown away (pun intended :yes: ) in a long time about a cassette recording I have made. A friend of mine was going thru some stuff and came across some still sealed Maxell MX-S 90 tapes he had.

Long story even longer, I placed one in my tascam 302 deck and recorded Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here from LP. I was so dam astonished @ playback that you could have blown me over with a tire pump.

I could not tell it from the LP. No hiss (that I could detect), super stage, and so on. Maybe this does not surprise a lot of you, but I was astonished. It has truly made my decision easy on what tapes to buy for recording to cassette.

Like I said I just had to tell someone, and you guy's were the unlucky ones. :D

Metal tapes were the best damn cassettes out there. I have about 25 metal tapes left from my taping days and must get my Pioneer CT-F750 back into play and start using them.

Unican_Eric said:
Metal tapes were the best damn cassettes out there. I have about 25 metal tapes left from my taping days and must get my Pioneer CT-F750 back into play and start using them.

No argument here on the metal tapes. I can not remember a lot of things but I do remember buying a new '79 T-Bird. Taking it to Ovation and having a new Kenwood system intalled. While I was doing this I was listening to some of the gear in the "Special" rooms. Billy Joel 52nd St. was being played on one system. The salesman made me a copy to test the new Kenny in the Bird. It was on a metal tape, this much I do remember. Needless to say that tape was destined for pure playing destruction after listening to it. Dam I'd love to have that ride back. :tears:

I'm about to go on a buying spree of metal (Maxell) tapes. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom