1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Mayans M.C.

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by qdrone, Sep 5, 2018.

1. qdrone

qdrone Music is my mistress

Caught the 1st episode. Created and written by the guy who did Sons of Anarchy,this is the Hispanic version about The Mayans motorcycle club. Peaked my interest,will give it a try.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Mystic

Mystic We're all born mad

Ah, was wondering when some schmuck would get round to "doin' up" a tee-vee (re)creation of The Mongols and/or The Banditos. Think the (real-world) clubs are flattered or not? IIRC, both are under RICO rules so not much they can do 'bout it. re: SOA, I had an exchange about 3 years ago w/ a long-time friend and member (since the mid 1970s) of Chicago Outlaws; the club was not flattered by SOA; supposedly 81 was more kindly disposed, but then they've been involved in popular mass film & tv media since the mid 1960s.

This too shall pass.

3. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume AK Subscriber Subscriber

Soap operas for bikers....

ducati_EL34, Pio1980 and Mystic like this.
  4. John James

John James "Bob's your uncle" (Stolen) Subscriber

:jump:

Really.

5. Pio1980

Pio1980 AK Member Subscriber

Sopranos espanol con ruedas?

6. mfrench

mfrench Addicted Member

Jemma (Gemma?) had a cameo appearance in episode one, sitting at a bar. Somehow she returned from the dead.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. red 111

red 111 AK Subscriber Subscriber

if you want to see a mc biker film...checkout KENNETH ANGERS 28 minute film ... SCORPIO RISING from 1963...(redwings anyone?)

8. Pio1980

Pio1980 AK Member Subscriber

I think I recall references to the film on the shifting fringes of society during the mid-1970s.

Ah, yes, Kenneth Anger, of Hollywood Babylon notoriety. I went down his Wiki rabbit hole, a rather odd character among oddballs.

red 111 likes this.
  9. Mystic

Mystic We're all born mad

He produced, over a period of 20-something years, a great batch of short films. I have the "complete Kenneth Anger" collection of shorts. His short film "Rabbit Moon", especially the '70s remake (he released it twice, changing only the film's musical score IIRC), is magical.

red 111 likes this.
  10. CWG66

CWG66 Member

Gemma appeared in a flashback from 8 years earlier.:D