Maybe this time

"Sub woofers are sub woofers"? I suppose, but I am rather sure that each sub woofer driver is optimized and engineered for a particular application be it box enclosure or other.

I want to get that application right for these ears. Just don't think I want to experiment with sub woofers used for automobile applications. (Funds, time being unlimited it might be fun to fool with but...)

Pete the problems that I have been having is attempting to get one sub woofer to perform the job for both H/T and 2 channel audio. After years of fooling with this, I have come to the conclusion that I just can't do it. One sub will not do both for me. My SV Pci sub is a nice sub. It makes 5.1 surround movie formats rock! Perfect reproduction I think. But for music it doesn't sound right no matter what I do. I stuffed the port on it, moved it around and that helped some, but it still isn't quite right. Two subs gets me closer to how stereo sound should be. My isobaric sub project proved that to me. Sadly they couldn't do all the music that I might listen to.

Thanks for the tips gents! :beerchug:

Back
Top Bottom