Maybe Why Some of Us Can Hear It and Others Don't

I know we can see such things in the lab as some people can "see" a 3 D image in a stereo microscope and others can't seem to construct the 3 D image.

Maybe there is some similar "processing" skill involved in "listening"? It would make sense that there is - I think.

Fascinating. It made me think of John Cleese, who loves wine. He once invited some pretty famous wine judges to do a tasting. There were some wines from known premium wineries and some from cheaper wineries. Prices were displayed. The judges consistently rated the better known and more expensive wines higher. The problem is it was the same wines. For some the more expensive wine was put in the cheaper bottles. For others, vice versa.

I'll close with the words of Paul Simon: "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."

Fascinating. It made me think of John Cleese, who loves wine. He once invited some pretty famous wine judges to do a tasting. There were some wines from known premium wineries and some from cheaper wineries. Prices were displayed. The judges consistently rated the better known and more expensive wines higher. The problem is it was the same wines. For some the more expensive wine was put in the cheaper bottles. For others, vice versa.

I'll close with the words of Paul Simon: "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."
The difficult part is being honest with yourself.

Honest enough to say when there really isn't a difference.

Also honest enough to recognize when there is a difference.

The difficult part is being honest with yourself.

Honest enough to say when there really isn't a difference.

Also honest enough to recognize when there is a difference.
But in the end it doesn't matter as long as the one footing the bill be it small or large is happy with all aspects of the exspireance to there level of reference.

Back
Top Bottom