MC 2205 Panloc Question

dfunghi

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi All,
I have waited a while for MAC Labs to return my call but am giving up. There is a fellow AKer with panlocs and I need panlocs. We can not find out the measurements for the MC 2205 panloc I need. The part # is 043 -678 / 679 (L/R). Or if anyone knows where (if?) on the panloc we may find the part #?

TIA,
D

As far as I know, the Panloc part number is not to be found on the brackets themselves.

The height of the Panloc bracket should be the same height as the chassis of the MC2205. There are only two heights (aside from the MQ and low-profile brackets). And the 043-678 & 679 are a unique shape, so if you know the height and the shape is correct, then those are the ones you want. You can see the various brackets: Here

Larry

As far as I know, the Panloc part number is not to be found on the brackets themselves.

The height of the Panloc bracket should be the same height as the chassis of the MC2205. There are only two heights (aside from the MQ and low-profile brackets). And the 043-678 & 679 are a unique shape, so if you know the height and the shape is correct, then those are the ones you want. You can see the various brackets: Here

Larry
I had that Berners link, thanks though. MAC called back and told me they do not A) have measurements and B) do not contain a model number on them.

Right now I have the 2205 inside the wood case w/o locs. Not sure if that is OK or not but it seems fine so far. Due to its weight I try to never have to move that beast.

I have 10 or 12 pair around here but I can't remember where I put them after I moved......Anyway, if you measure the distance the screw holes of the metal L shaped part attached to the cabinet are apart, the correct panlocs will have matching screw holes. The depth of the tall panlocs are all the same.

One of the half dozen cabinets I have here has the panlocs attached. They are 6 inches tall, screws are 5 1/8 apart.

Hi All...

The MC-2205 fits a L54 Cabinet. There are two, most popular PanLoc brackets. The ones that you are looking for are, just shy of about 7" high. The other popular bracket is just shy of about 5" high. There are no part numbers on the assemblies, but the part number can be found in the applicable Service Manuals. In either case, be very careful about what screws are used to affix the brackets to the cabinet. Improper mounting can cause the glass to break.

Mark
McIntosh Factory Center

The 2255, 2205,2002 and 2105 used the same 7" pan locs as I remember. Call Audio Classics, they'll know and the last time I checked had them in stock. I'm not sure about the 7200 and 7300, but imagine they are all identical.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom