MC 2205 R 296 (part # 144-074, no longer available). Please, I need help with a replacement

Patrice is most likely reading this over his fresh French pressed morning coffee and pastry, myself during and after dinner. No schematics in sight.

I suspect you will find much smoked on theseheatsinks once you get them out and apart.

If you post a picture of the device side of the driver boards we can compare them, try to determine if they had been modified after production or are the modified boards as built. A picture of the whole solder side would be good also.

Your big problems will be on the diver board....both from this failure and sorting out what to do to make sure it doesn't hppn again...sounds like this is the third time if you got it broken.

I know you are obsessing over the burnt thermistor but what really needs to be sorted out is why it had to act as a fuse. It is just a heat variable resistor. The real question is ; What drew so much to cause it to burn?

certainly don't like to see the new and old predrivers on the top pictured board. Must have been the first culprit when you got it. Did it fail again?

Enough for tonight.

Why all the messages from dogsisgood are gone ?
The web site has had some repairs and upgrades, and it seems we have lost some posts.
They must have had to restore the site from an earlier time than when these posts were made.

I have lost many posts in the Sansui forum too.

Strange thread ... all the missing posts from the same person, and all show that they were edited one by one in the span of maybe five minutes. Not sure we can blame this on the board farts ...

Strange thread ... all the missing posts from the same person, and all show that they were edited one by one in the span of maybe five minutes. Not sure we can blame this on the board farts ...
I have a whole lot of posts missing from a Thread I started around the same time in the Sansui forum, its not a blame situation, but rather obviously something happened that meant the site couldn't be restored to the last state it was before they took it offline to do maintenance/fixes....
There are replies I made in this thread which are missing, and many other threads are the same too across Pioneer/Sansui/McIntosh which I where I post mostly.

But but but ... these aren't missing, they've been edited? Only place I've seen that.

If your missing posts have the hyphen mark only ... never mind ... ;-}

But but but ... these aren't missing, they've been edited? Only place I've seen that.

If your missing posts have the hyphen mark only ... never mind ... ;-}
I see what you're saying, my posts have vanished, but the OP's just have a hyphen, I have not seen that anywhere else in the forums...

Back
Top Bottom