MC 2505 Panel Lights Length

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by TSmith8605, Feb 9, 2019.

1. TSmith8605

TSmith8605 Senile Member Subscriber

I did a bit of searching the forum before posting and did not find an answer.

I just replaced the right-most #1866 2505 panel lamp with a new #1866 panel lamp. But the new lamp is longer than the old one and it sticks out a little bit more into the diffuser. This causes a bright spot in a couple of the letters in the word "POWERAMPLIFIER" on the right-front panel. I also worry that this might over heat and melt the defuser.

I measured and the original (burned out) bulb is 1 1/16" (1.0625" or 27 mm) long. The new replacement bulb that I bought at a local lamp shop is 1 3/16" (30.2 mm) long. All other parameters seem to be the same.

I went shopping online and looked at about 5 or 6 brands of #1866 bulbs and all were 1 3/16" - too long.

Has anyone else had this experience. Any ideas where to get replacement #1866 bulbs that are 1 1/16" long?

(If not, I will call McIntosh and / or Audio Classics on Monday.)

Thanks,

Please register to disable this ad.

2. TSmith8605

TSmith8605 Senile Member Subscriber

Both McIntosh and Audio Classics reported they have these panel lamps and Audio Classics specifically confirmed that theirs are the proper size. So I just ordered a few of the correct bulbs.

Thanks,

John James likes this.