MC 30's Cracked Capacitators Shrill Sound

zenarrrow

As stated, on my pair or MC 30's the caps are visually cracked (the big bumble bees)
I bought these about 6 months ago this way and from the moment I got them the sound has been shrill and top end seems to be cut off.
What caps should I use to replace these old bumble bees? I know original ones would be ideal, but not gonna happen.
I will post some pictures of them from my phone. I wouldn't mind sending these off to be gone through by a professional. But finding one seems to be a challenge. I sent Terry DeWick an email but thus far no response. Anyone have any suggestions on who to send them to? Thanks, Zen

Sprague Orange Drop caps (715/716 series) have been a common and well regarded replacement for those bumblebees. Tis what I used when I recapped the MC240 and various other amps with good results.

OrangeDropsPageHeader.7.jpg

Denver eh? Heading there around thanksgiving. Know of anyone around that area who works on gear around there? I live in Wyoming, closer to Utah though.

Denver eh? Heading there around thanksgiving. Know of anyone around that area who works on gear around there? I live in Wyoming, closer to Utah though.

So I know Vacuum Tube Supplies Inc here works on vintage stuff like that. They had a shop full of equipment being repaired when I picked up some tubes. I don't know their track record but they seemed like a rather honest shop (aka very down to business and not very flashy). You can look em up here http://www.vacuumtubesupplies.com/

Back
Top Bottom