Mc innards

andy19

Hi all,
I recently had to replace the glass front on my MCD205 and found a thin white string tucked into the groove of the bottom portion of the frame. Can anyone tell me what the string is for? I don't know whether all McIntosh models have this but it doesn't seem like there should be anything different about the 205.
Also, I noticed the main power switch has a total of four terminals, even though only two are used. Can either set of terminals be used interchangeably or is there a specific use for the extra pair?
Thanks in advance for your input.
A.

Wierd. I cleaned the glass on my MC7270 just last month and I too found that string in there. It was taped to the bottom of the glass. I just left mine in there as best as I remembered how it went. If anyone else is familiar about this "string-theory" (Ron-C), please chime in.

The nylon string keeps the metal frame from starting a crack in the glass since the string has some give....

Ron-C

Some models used a thin foam backed tape to protect the edge of the glass and keep it from being loose, this is the cause of the infamous McBubbles on the top and bottom of many panels, in later years this was changed to the nylon string.

Back
Top Bottom