MC2002 output balance question

trent

Greetings,

I've been blaming my preamp (C29) on a balance issue for some time just because I've not had another to test with. I've built a Foreplay and I'm still seeing the left channel needing to be much lower than the right. This shows in the meters as well. The signal seems to be getting to the amp. Is there anything simple that I could look at or is it just time for service?

This thing is heavy so I really don't want to ship it all around...

I've tried different speakers, different interconnects, different speaker wires, and now a different preamp so I believe that I've covered all of the bases.

Thanks - Trent

Trent,

Have a tech look at your MC2002. McIntosh has the parts and service manuals and will support anyone who you chose to have work on the amp. I agree shipping it is not a good idea. Try Audio Video plus in Edmond at 405-478-5200, for service.

Ron-C

Thanks Ron

I was trying to scheme a way to get it to Knoxville as I have heard so many good things about Terry over there. I may have a way to get it there in a month or so but really no way to get it back after repair.

I may give Audio Video Plus a call. It would be really nice to have someone semi local to use for repairs.

I also heard that there may be a tech that used to work at Imperial Sound (which is defunct but where the equipment came from) still around town. I'm trying to chase that lead down.

Thanks again for the reply - Trent

Back
Top Bottom