Mc2500 for Mc7300????

Yes, I did. The left meter sticks after the unit is on for a few hours - this seems to be a mechanical problem. Also, the MC7300 overloads the SS relay that triggers the AC outlet it's plugged into. So, I need to address both.
Did you swap meters to see if problem follows?
I had funky MC2500 meter was slow sometimes stuck at zero that some deox of the range switch cured.

Did you swap meters to see if problem follows?
I had funky MC2500 meter was slow sometimes stuck at zero that some deox of the range switch cured.
I haven't. Didn't notice this until after I put the amp in service. It worked just fine powering the altecs on its test run.

I do not have MC7300, but I do have MC7270s(2), which is one generation older. I also have MC2500s(2). To me the MC2500s do not sound any better than the MC7270s. One thing to keep in mind is weight. the MC2500 is 135 pounds!!! I cannot move them by myself. The MC7300s are considerably lighter, and would thus be easier to manage getting them is the right spot.

Macman... I bought it outright and there was not trade involved. This guy hoards some of the interesting gear.. He had pair of mc30 lying around in garage in some junk cardboard box.. Also has 2275.. Citation 11... sansui 800.. He is all over the place.. Also he showed me very cean fisher 500c he uses in another setup... Anyway now it is done, I am happy now... ]
Yo - how 'bout some follow up??

I vote for MC2500 for three reasons:
1- the power - 500WPC channel stereo - 1,000 WPC mono - especially with mono, depending on how your wire connections an almost unlimited choice of impedance's with 1,000 watts at ANY impedance
2 - the MC2500 is built like a tank. Industrial quality construction.
3 - the MC2500 has autoformers (output transformers for those of us over 75) which gives us the significant flexibility on impedance matching mentioned earlier. - Also - re autoformers, note that McIntosh made a few items without output transformers, then rather quickly went back to using them in their top line gear. They would not have gone back if the "direct coupled" circuitry worked better.

Thanks,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom