MC275

CarlV

Lunatic Member
I just got the word House Of Music in SF has the new MC275
in stock and connected for listening. Hmmmm
I think this bears investigation. :)

Carl

what are you waiting for ?go there now and report back to us asap.inquring minds want to know how she sounds!!! :)
chris
p.s a few pics would be nice too.

I will be getting over there but not sure when. I'm leaving the credit cards at home though! :D I took a test pic
to make sure the camera works. ;)

Carl

mmmm, MC60's...if I sell my Lazarus, Berning and my L-96's, I can almost afford a pair...:D

You guys can laugh..but i told my GF today that I may pass at upgrading my car, and instead I am considering the newer Mc line (the SS and tubed pre reviewed in TAS) feeding some Platinum Audio speakers (dont ask,,I just always wanted a pair of Solo's)...I hope my car holds out that long,,it just passed 120K miles yesterday...but like a Mc,,its running strong!

I just came back from a peek at the new kid on the block. Real
handsome young guy who was well versed. :)

Carl
CD direct and bi amped:
MCD1000 DAC and transport
MC275 hf
MC402 lf
Kef model 207(?) speakers

Last edited:
it sure looks pretty sitting there but would probally look better sitting here in my house. :)
chris

I was hoping to take it for a serious road test today. They had it
bi amped for a customer to see on Tues. though. Man, it sure did sound great. Considering still handmade in house for $3500. is
a real value. Beautiful polish job on the stainless steel chassis.
They only had one to show as all the dealers are just getting one
each so far. Guess I'll just have to go back next weekend. ;)

Carl

mmmmm thats sooo sexy. Now thats what a proper amp looks like. :D

Somebody wipe the drool from my keyboard before it electrocutes me!

Butuz

Ok Carl, I'm just die'n here. This MC275 is just too cool. What else did the dealer tell you? How is this MC275 different than the commerative model? Any specs?

Hi Bob, Most of your answers as to specs are in the thread straight from ron-c himself called Spring in the Mc forum.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14457&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

The dealer did not have any real info themselves, they don't even
have MA2275 brochures! :mad: The lady behind the counter says
"just get them from the website. :mad: They are there though:

brochure:
http://66.216.98.167/mcprod/product_docs/MC275_bro.pdf

owners manual:
http://66.216.98.167/mcprod/product_docs/mc275_om.pdf

The paint is black matte as opposed to gloss black previously. The
emblem appears different as well but it was too dark to really
tell, I'm not sure if it's metal. Maybe Ron can comment. It sure was a nice listen! :)

Carl

Last edited:
Don't blame the dealer as we are always behind on literature. It seems easier to build a product than do the literature! The bottom plate and aluminum transformer cans are a matt black powder coat while the chassis is polished stainless steel. Some car wax will bring the cans up in shininess. The original MC275 used black enamel which was a gloss finish.
Ron-C

PS- some dealers are saying that 2 of the MC275s in mono are about as good as it gets- world class. I know one sure sounds powerful.

The MC275 logo is the same metal one we have used for years.

Last edited:
Hi Ron
In the set-up shown by Carl, there's no active crossover.
Is it safe for the Mc275 ?
I thought that it was mandatory when a tube amp is used in bi-amping.

Emile

Emile,

A tube amp will see the speaker impedance just like SS. One of my tube amps, MI-200 powers my HT12 passive sub and when I sweep it with the HP frequency generator the output meter will follow the impedance swing of the sub. Some tube amps will not like to be used in a passive bi-wire configuration but not the McIntosh Unity Coupled design.

Ron-C

WOW !
The use of autoformers makes the passive bi-wire configuration possible with a Mc tube amp, right ?

I'll try this week to bi-amp my ML Sequel II with :
. Mc275Ce for HF
. Ma6450 for LF
:cool: I was looking for a active cross-over !

Great to hear a metal logo Ron. :) Are those EH tubes in there?
kinda look like it but it was hard to see details way down in the
lower shelf there with the lighting. I really am looking forward to hearing it cd direct doing full range. It is a sweetheart! :thmbsp:

Carl

Don't blame the dealer as we are always behind on literature.

House Of Music is a great dealer IMO :)

Last edited:
Carl,

We use both SED and EH KT88 tubes. Due to volume we need two suppliers. I like the MC275s as a full range amp and this latest version is just slightly more powerfull than the past issues.

Ron-C

Went out of my way today to see if the new MC275 was at my local Mac dealer. The salesman did not even know there was a new 275 available. Will keep looking. Got to have it.

Back
Top Bottom