MC275

Not sure the wife would understand a 2500 mile trip to look at a new amp. She is funny that way. I think I will have to wait until these Michigan dealers come out of hibernation and open their
Mc-mail......but she did mention a desire to visit Napa Valley a few years ago....hmmmmmm.....I do have some frequent flyer points.....

The weather is great in N. Ca. this time of year. All the leaves are on the trees, cool evenings in the high 40s with daytime highs in the 70s. Tourist crush is about a month away so cheap hotel rooms are out there if you web shop.
Got to go, time to cut the grass again!
Ron-C

Usually it's the mention of the closeby Nordstrom's outlet store that gets the ladies' interest. :p: Of course one of the Napa valley
baloon ride/tours ain't bad either.

Carl

Bob

If your waiting for Almas to come outta hibernation I think you got better odds of making the trip to San Fran :yes:

Grumpy

Grumpy,

So you have been to Almas.

Are there any other shops in SE Michigan that you would recommend? I visited a place downtown Lansing last fall, don't remember the name...very knowlegable folks but lacking on equipment. There are lots home theatre shops around that carry McIntosh, but they do not understand music. They would rather build a $100,000 home theatre than be bothered by me.

Bob

The greater Detroit are is severely lacking for a quality McIntosh dealer.

I don't care for Almas . It may have something to do with their Snooty attitude, lack of knowledge, Slick fast talking ( out their ass ) Salesmen. or just their generally shitty customer and Repair Service...

About the only True 2 channel Shop ( for the most part ) in the Detroit area is Audio Dimensions On Woodward ave in Royal Oak. Problem is hes not a Mc dealer.

I Think you are talking about the Stereo Shoppe in Lansing. I heard a set of Khorns being run on some nasty SS gear in there. Aweful !

Wish I could recommend a shop but I have had horrible luck locally myself. Fact I was thinking of checking out any Mc dealers in Toledo.

grumpy

Well I stopped by House Of Music today on the way to the tube
group meeting at the Randall Museum. So much for my tax return. :D

Carl

way to go carl,
im speechless well almost.glad to see you picked one up.so what are you going to do with the mc60's?
are you going to be using the 275 with the mx110 or did you have enough tax money to get a 2200 to go with it ? :)
i myself am getting closer to aqquiring a mx110 it seems lately theres a few people here on ak running the mc30 mx110 combo and i hope to add myself to that list.youll have to post some pics once you have it setup.
chris

Dang, that metal polishing job is awesome! Sell my 60's? I doubt
it. This is a new and different design with a different signature than the earlier 3 series of 275's. I can't wait til tomorrow to fire this bad boy up. So clean and detailed is the sound without
either slowness as people term or brightness that people say of
the SS rectified MC tubes. The engineers did a magnicent designing of this(and MA2275). Now, which pair of JBL horns
first? :cool:

Carl

ya know...my Parasound CDP has balanced outputs...I wonder how would it sound straight thru to your MC275....If I sell my Laz, and my Berning, I am half way there...;)

Well, I have it setup. Right now I am using: NAD C541 to MX110,
then to the MC275 through my near 50 year old JBL C34's.
Man o man! I had Haggard's Awakening The Centuries going
through my head when I woke up, and as it is such a wonderful piece of music and so well produced it is having the honors. This is so flat out smoking the Marantz 8B through the VOT's I was listening to yesterday. There can't be any A/B with my MC60's as I have never put them on these speakers, but in the overall of what I listen to I think it could well leave my 300B DRD's in the dust, keyword overall. But it's only been a half hour so far. :)
Beats the snot out of the dealers Kef's too but I already knew that.

Carl

It would be interesting to see what sound differences you hear between the MC60 and MC275. They should be similar no?

Yeah, I will get there sometime. Right now this midrange smoothness and detail is just blowing my mind. Right now my thoughts are to bring in the MVP851 for it's incredible soudstage and get out one or both of my 2" JBL horn sets in the garage and seeing how that goes. But I do have a good idea. :p:

Carl

Back
Top Bottom