MC39/7106 Help!

Galaxie65

Always looking for new gear to try
Ok so I am accepting my pure ignorance in connecting these pieces together. I for the life of me can’t figure out the best way to run this system as a 2 channel with the 7106 using bridged channels.

I have switched the amp to use the channels 1/2 and 5/6 to bridged mode. I’m lost in connecting the amp to the preamp. I know it says to use the Front left/right when using a standard 2 channel setup. However i can’t find how I would connect the bridged channels to the pre.

What do I need to do? Do I use a pair of rca to the Front ports on the pre and another set of rca to the surround ports on the pre? There isn’t a simple double out set of RCAs that I can just plug in like my Sony Blocks. So I’m just at a loss and a little frustrated as I’ve poured over the manual but nothing really shows it cut and dry to me.

Please, someone help me or set me straight so I can listen to my setup.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Use inputs 1 & 5 on the amp for that particular bridge configuration.

Ok so am I using only 1 side of the RCA (white lets say) for the 1/2 side bridged. And the red RCA for the other side on the 5/6 side? Effectively having 2 single RCAs to have one amp pass signal bridged to fhat specific speaker?

I guess I’m just not use to this setup as my Sony amps had a pair of rca’s per mono block and plugged into the rca outputs (has two sets of these on my 1000ESD) which made it cut and dry.

Just want to make sure I have everything setup correctly before plugging it all together. I feel so “green” on this new equipment ugh!

Back
Top Bottom