Mc402 Vs. Mc452

Man I'm going to start stockpiling MC2300s, I'll have the wall of sound in no time.
Well, you'll need (48) of 'em ... And a few MI350s! And to think two Lab Gruppen amps in 4 rack spaces would be more powerful ... Crazy.

I was telling Greg that I'll soon be repurposing my MC2300s ... Not selling, just moving them.

Well, you'll need (48) of 'em ... And a few MI350s! And to think two Lab Gruppen amps in 4 rack spaces would be more powerful ... Crazy.

I was telling Greg that I'll soon be repurposing my MC2300s ... Not selling, just moving them.
Strap ‘em in the Cutlass! :)

If you shine the flash light on the MC452 glass panel then you can see a network of artifact (fiber optics) around the meters especially around the logo.

If you shine the flash light on the MC452 glass panel then you can see a network of artifact (fiber optics) around the meters especially around the logo.

I was looking at my MC452 recently and noticed that they have done a really nice job improving the illumination since they built my MX-136. Not only brighter, but better color rendering and much more even light dispersal. This is especially true around the logo.

I just started reading this thread, I blame both Kev and Rick for my recently purchased 452. but ya know I couldn't be happier. I got a C50 to go with it. it is less fatiguing than the MC 2500 C33 combo. it is really great. I do think they knocked it out of the park with the 452. Here's hoping soon yet another 452 will be bought by an Aker. but to have that thing turned up so loud the PG lights come on? wow you are crazy! lol

I just started reading this thread, I blame both Kev and Rick for my recently purchased 452. but ya know I couldn't be happier. I got a C50 to go with it. it is less fatiguing than the MC 2500 C33 combo. it is really great. I do think they knocked it out of the park with the 452. Here's hoping soon yet another 452 will be bought by an Aker. but to have that thing turned up so loud the PG lights come on? wow you are crazy! lol
Thanks man!! There you go!!
I have seen that picture of the 452 meter pegged like that before I think its been lifted from somewhere......got the old meter hold on, and a quick burst without the speakers connected....good times..

When I first acquired my '452, I was bouncing the meters into the 900w. area for several days. ..More like the 5W to 45w. region these days. :)

Yeah, I have plenty of blame to spread around for getting one, too. Even Kenny (jdwk), who got one after I did, was directing me away from tubes into high power SS. I have yet to go past 50 watts. With the Tekton Double Impacts, half a watt is normal listening, 5 watts is loud and 10 watts is loud upstairs. 50 and you can't hear the person screaming at you to turn it down.
No complaints about the investment, though. When I first got it I could not believe how much the sound improved over a MC275 VI. It changed everything. My system went from sounding very good to breathtaking.

When I first acquired my '452, I was bouncing the meters into the 900w. area for several days. ..More like the 5W to 45w. region these days. :)

Did you light up the Power Guard indicators? I've never been near doing that on anything since I was around 22 y/o I think.

Yeah, I have plenty of blame to spread around for getting one, too. Even Kenny (jdwk), who got one after I did, was directing me away from tubes into high power SS. I have yet to go past 50 watts. With the Tekton Double Impacts, half a watt is normal listening, 5 watts is loud and 10 watts is loud upstairs. 50 and you can't hear the person screaming at you to turn it down.

Yeah, like that. Chacun à son goût though as they say.

Looks like decal vs screen paint the way letters moved. I would see if McIntosh can send one along with application instructions.

Back
Top Bottom