Mc402 Vs. Mc452

I changed my mind....just a bit.........I was talking to Ernie Schleider at Audio Classics this afternoon, and I decided to buy a brand new Mc452, with the full 3 year warranty. I'm paying with PayPal credit, so the next six months are going to be a little bit 'lean' :)
I'm driving down to Vestal on Friday, to pick it up.
Excited? You bet! :)
Oh thats GOLD!! You have gone pretty much the same path I did, except I got a lightly used 352, loved it and then one day just went DAMN, I'm getting a brand new MC452!!
Good Man!! You will not be sorry:music:

I changed my mind....just a bit.........I was talking to Ernie Schleider at Audio Classics this afternoon, and I decided to buy a brand new Mc452, with the full 3 year warranty. I'm paying with PayPal credit, so the next six months are going to be a little bit 'lean' :)
I'm driving down to Vestal on Friday, to pick it up.
Excited? You bet! :)

AK Best Decision Of Week!

Nothing like not messing around. Congratulations! You are gonna love that amplifier. Give it some time to settle in and open up. I remember how BAD my MC501's sounded to me at first.

Oh thats GOLD!! You have gone pretty much the same path I did, except I got a lightly used 352, loved it and then one day just went DAMN, I'm getting a brand new MC452!!
Good Man!! You will not be sorry:music:
Thanks, Kev! Sort of like that 'New Car smell'. This will likely be a final amp purchase. I broke the news to my wife, who is a flight attendant for a major airline. She was in Bombay, when I told her of my purchase. She thinks I am a bit whacked but she is cool with it.

AK Best Decision Of Week!

Nothing like not messing around. Congratulations! You are gonna love that amplifier. Give it some time to settle in and open up. I remember how BAD my MC501's sounded to me at first.
Thanks! Can't wait to have it up, and running!

I've been to the 'candy store' several times.
Pay over the phone and leave your cards at home.

BTW whenever I buy new I make them give me perks to buy from them.

Well?
They got to give you at least the price of the taxes off, and nice pair of speakers cables, some XLR, something.

They had 8 452's in stock, and another 20 on order.
I was thinking that these amps are relatively rare birds. They must be flyin' out of the store!

Well?
They got to give you at least the price of the taxes off, and nice pair of speakers cables, some XLR, something.
They gave me a bit of a discount, to help me make the deal for the new amp!

This is off topic and focused on engineers. In 1973 I was able to buy a mint, used Hewlett-Packard HP-35 calculator for $225. They were $300 new. Picked it up, and the next day, during lunch, I drove over to the HP regional office to get a spare battery pack. I had to kill a few minutes waiting to get served and wandered into the display room. There sat an HP-45, with polar>rectangular conversions, statistics, etc. It was $400. Went back to the office and sold the 35 to another engineer the same day for my $225. One week later and $420 lighter, my HP-45 arrived in the mail. That was 1973 and I was making $14K gross. I was happy. (According to the CPI Inflation Calculator, $400 in 73 = $2300 in 2018.) We all have our vices.

Well?
Hahahaha you're such a Hoot!! Wouldn't matter if I left my cards at home or not, they wouldn't work anyway, I'd get the inevitable "Declined" on mine...

Credit card transaction over the phone!! Wont you pay more through PP with their 5% thing they do?
I think it's 3%. I could use my AMEX, but that is 5%. Plus, the no interest deal for 6 mo. is the reason I am using paypal credit.
I told Ernie @ A.C. that I am all in, so no worries. I'm driving to Vestal on Friday for sure!

I think it's 3%. I could use my AMEX, but that is 5%. Plus, the no interest deal for 6 mo. is the reason I am using paypal credit.
I told Ernie @ A.C. that I am all in, so no worries. I'm driving to Vestal on Friday for sure!
All good as long as you are set......would not be good to miss out!!

You will need muscle to unpack it and set it up, those boxes are bigger than you think, and the amp heavier than you think....But i know you know that....

Back
Top Bottom