MC40's vs MC75's...?

WhiteSE

Is Lute Gluten Free??
Subscriber
What would be the "real world" difference if any when using a pair of Mc40's compared with a pair of Mc75's...If they are driving JBL L-96's to normal person listening levels, will the difference be representative of the power diff? In other words, worth the price differential?

I know the output tubes are different Kt88's for the MC75 vs 6L6's for the MC40's...They both have solid state rectifiers and specs are identical i think as Roger's site's shows..

the amps will have to rock some but mainly classical music...room is just a decent size room,,,I think maybe 12x12 or slightly larger.

I assume the L96 speakers are 91 db as most of them? You could get by with the 40's in that size room I suppose. Personally power
wise my MC60's or MC275 have the correct power level for my 97db speaker listening needs in the same size room. But that's me. :D

Carl

Now that I think of it, imagine when you were using your MC250
and knock off about 15% of the power. That would be fairly accurate for the MC40.

Carl

ok,,,I think I would prefer the 75's and the extra grunt...otheriwse I will second guess whats missing..:D

So you got a line on some monoblocks? I would be going for the power myself obviously. It also leaves your future options open to not necessarily needing hi efficiency speakers if you were to change them.

Carl

Back
Top Bottom