MC452 QUESTIONS

At 155 Lbs you really need a crane or something to get it onto a bench. I did the same thing to mine - on the floor!

No they can't be switched out ,I looked into it with my 1st pair of Mc-1201s and Chuck said it's a no go ,I wasn't a fan of the rack handles either until I discovered why Mac put them there ,they ain't for lifting the amp but save your back adjusting the Amps within the rack space .

you actually can lift the amp by the rack handles, I don't know why this guy keeps saying otherwise.

you actually can lift the amp by the rack handles, I don't know why this guy keeps saying otherwise.
They can but I would not recommend it, I had a look at how they were attached when I had mine apart, they are attached solidly, but it would put a lot of load on the front of the chassis.

So, paint the handles black! I don't think I would choose gloss black, but a satin black.
powdercoat would be more durable and much less prone to scratches.

or anodize them. it's quite possible to DIY it with some sulfuric acid, dye, and DC current. never done it myself, but there is tons of info out there. if you want to avoid working with battery acid, you can use Sodium Bisulfate, which is often used as a pool cleaning agent.

They can but I would not recommend it, I had a look at how they were attached when I had mine apart, they are attached solidly, but it would put a lot of load on the front of the chassis.
I have lifted my '452 by the handles, but only because I had to remove the amp from a tight space.

I have lifted my '452 by the handles, but only because I had to remove the amp from a tight space.
I have to use the handles to get mine out of the shelf its in, but it doesn't take the full weight, close to it though.

I have to use the handles to get mine out of the shelf its in, but it doesn't take the full weight, close to it though.
When I moved the amp upstairs, I had my wife hold the handles to balance it, while I carried most of the weight from behind.

If handles are on an amp some beast of a man should be able to carry it around with one hand using one handle just in case he has to carry another one in the other hand.Other wise whats the point of having handles(smile).

If God meant for people to lift their McIntosh amplifiers,
He wouldn't have invented pallets and fork lifts.

Back
Top Bottom