MC452 QUESTIONS

you actually can lift the amp by the rack handles, I don't know why this guy keeps saying otherwise.

Every owner who had a handle come off the while hoisting a Mc-1201 by it's handles would strenuously disagree & I'm one of them ,McIntosh has had problems with handles to the point a more secure handle with better quality hardened bolts has been developed as an aftermarket item for nearly 2 decades ,ask Ivan at Audiogon about the rack handles on his 18 pairs of 1201s .

The MC500 and later chassis, which includes all of the models discussed, have a nice roll bar over the speaker terminals on the rear. So, it's a simple two person lift with a handle and the roll bar in each hand for each person. Now, on the earlier amps - like MC3500, MC2300, etc. you don't have that luxury when rack mounting the amps. MC2300s have SIX #8 screws holding the faceplate on when the side rails are removed. The handles are bolted to the rear of the face only, not the chassis. Even yet, I've carried them around by handles only with no side rails mounted with no issues. The MC2500 and MC2600 address this issue by having the top bolts on the handles pass through a smaller hole in the chassis with a washer on them so that the chassis is an integral part of the handle mounting.

So . . . @PanheadXR290 - that must've been some thing to have the handle pull off of an MC1201 while you were moving it about. Crazy!

The MC500 and later chassis, which includes all of the models discussed, have a nice roll bar over the speaker terminals on the rear. So, it's a simple two person lift with a handle and the roll bar in each hand for each person. Now, on the earlier amps - like MC3500, MC2300, etc. you don't have that luxury when rack mounting the amps. MC2300s have SIX #8 screws holding the faceplate on when the side rails are removed. The handles are bolted to the rear of the face only, not the chassis. Even yet, I've carried them around by handles only with no side rails mounted with no issues. The MC2500 and MC2600 address this issue by having the top bolts on the handles pass through a smaller hole in the chassis with a washer on them so that the chassis is an integral part of the handle mounting.

So . . . @PanheadXR290 - that must've been some thing to have the handle pull off of an MC1201 while you were moving it about. Crazy!

You seem to take any criticism of Mc personally lmao, and yes it is " something " to have a bolt sheer while hoisting an amp ,hence the reason for a redisigned stronger aftermarket handle and bolt system brought to market ,I myself bought 2 pairs ,you do what you like with your gear but I recommend caution and precaution when moving amps that cost as much as a new truck ,better safe than SOL .

Sitting here answering my Audiogon emails it came to me to ask exactly how many pieces of McIntosh gear has passed through your hands in your lifetime ? ,between eBay and Audiogon over 600 pieces of ubber high end gear have passed through my hands durring the 14 years I was a professional Agon seller & Platinum eBay seller ,the vast majority being McIntosh electronics ,if you believe Mc is a problem free manufacturer you'd be wrong ,purchasing every last trade in for 14 years for resale puts the likely hood I'll run across a bad piece 500 times higher than the most hard core McIntosh enthusiast ,I'm betting every experience youve had with McIntosh has been personal ,the overwhelming majority of mine are professional .

Last edited:
You seem to take any criticism of Mc personally lmao, and yes it is " something " to have a bolt sheer while hoisting an amp ,hence the reason for a redisigned stronger aftermarket handle and bolt system brought to market ,I myself bought 2 pairs ,you do what you like with your gear but I recommend caution and precaution when moving amps that cost as much as a new truck ,better safe than SOL .

Sitting here answering my Audiogon emails it came to me to ask exactly how many pieces of McIntosh gear has passed through your hands in your lifetime ? ,between eBay and Audiogon over 600 pieces of ubber high end gear have passed through my hands durring the 14 years I was a professional Agon seller & Platinum eBay seller ,the vast majority being McIntosh electronics ,if you believe Mc is a problem free manufacturer you'd be wrong ,purchasing every last trade in for 14 years for resale puts the likely hood I'll run across a bad piece 500 times higher than the most hard core McIntosh enthusiast ,I'm betting every experience youve had with McIntosh has been personal ,the overwhelming majority of mine are professional .
Well - you know what they say about the word assume.

Well - you know what they say about the word assume.

Not really ,everything I speak on is from 1st hand experience in my systems ,but let's stop talking In ridles ,you & I aren't ever gonna be friends ,I attempted to chill things out by apologizing for possibly offending you & that's brought us here ,every last 1st hand experience I relate you have a problem with ,we're 0 for 3 ,it's time one of us uses the " block feature " ,I'll be glad to be the 1 to use it ,life's too short for pettiness over gear I can prove I own or have owned ,bye .

Hey Panhead, I do not see how anyone took anything personal here. Great you have sold alot of Mac on several sites. lucky you. to me it seams like for some reason you are ready to go off on someone, this is a thread on a Mac forum. Everyone has different experiences, let's not be holier than thou. chill out a little. It's only audio equipment.

Back
Top Bottom