McCartney's RAM remastered

I see, thanks. I wonder if they found a mono lathe to make it with (this release, I mean).

On a different thread on this forum, someone stated that the mix was made with a stereo lathe, and therefore, the stereo switch on your amp/pre should be used for playback.

I picked up the extended CD version this week. Listened to each disk about 6 times now. Is this a F'ing awesome album or what??? I thought the remaster of his first album that came out last year was good but this Ram album almost brings tears to my eyes. Someone spent a huge amount of time on these tracks. I always enjoyed Sir Paul's first two albums and Ram is probably my favorite. All of the tracks are pure joy on my system, but the uniqueness of the extended tracks are worth the 2 disc version.

True quality of a master at his best!

picked up the original LP today....
Last track on side one was a nice memory for me that I'd Looooong forgot about...
awesome jam...

"smile away"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HfueUL2LeY

paul-mccartney-ram-4579662.jpg

Last edited:
Many years ago when I was auditioning two amps for my first real system, I used 2 albums for comparison: RAM, and Claudine (Longet).

You all talked me into it!! I agree with Rob -
these 2 are the only McCartney albums that mattered to me!
I just ordered "Cherries" and Ram in Archived edition CDs -
getting them both for $25 total as a "SuperSaver deal ...!
probably have the 1st gen vinyl of them downstairs, if I dig a bit ...

For me McCartney's best solo album was Flowers In the Dirt. It is sonically in my 5 best sounding vinyl recordings I own and not a bad song.
I do enjoy the Mono pressing of RAM which sounds different than my Original stereo Apple import. Also I'll try listening to it in stereo since someone pointed out it was cut on a stereo lathe.
Also please dont point out how old this thread is because I come here for musical knowledge and how old the info is inconsisquential.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom