Mcd 301

exracer

music speaks
Sorry no pictures or news, but I was just thinking about the similarity of this compared to the 201, and the Linn Ikemi to the Genki.

Now I dont know about the rest of the people here but I have listened to the Linn sources extensively as my previous Mcintosh dealer was also a Linn dealer.

The difference between the Ikemi and the Genki came down to the transport; exactly the same DAC's and power supply. Ikemi had balanced, but that shouldnt affect sound when using single ended. Now the sound difference was definitely there; Ikemi had more resolution, a just fuller more complete sound given to the notes/transients. Hard to describe but if you heard the difference you would know. At the time for myself not enough to justify the $2500 difference and thus I own the Genki. If it were now maybe I would go for it...

So my point is given the sonic difference between these players due to transport, can we expect the same jump in performance from the 201 to the 301? I am thinking so. :banana: and those using the 201 as a transport to the MDA1000 ???

and the transport price differential between the 201 and the 301 is 5000 - 3300 or 1700 (are these correct?) not 2500 like the Linns... :banana:

The transport in the MCD301 is from Denon according to a dealer I spoke to.

I would call that a plus :yes:

howie

Well, the MCD201 certainly didn't have a long life... I doubt McIntosh is planning on selling along side the MCD301. :scratch2: Collectors item? :D

MCD301 photo

Try this one.

MCD301.jpg

Nice pic.
The tray looks more like the MCD1000 than the MCD201.
MCD301 = body of MCD201 + transport of MCD1000?

[/B]
MCD301.jpg

attachment.php

All that money for a MCD301 and no multi-channel SACD. Looks like all they did was swap the transport for a better one. They should have updated the 201. Like what they did with the MC275. That will make everyone happier than killing it. A bad move.
GIVE US A MCD501

The MCD301 is a higher end two channel CD player. Multi-Channel anything is only for DVD/Universal players. Two channel customers do not want video or multi-channel in stereo product.
Dj, if you want both the MVP871 is here now.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Okay, maybe multi anything is not the targeted market for this player. I agree. My mistake. But make the MCD301 look different than the 201. Like top loading or something.

Back
Top Bottom