Mcd 301

Thanks Ron !!

LN,

I am sure some will be enjoying their MCD201 20 years from now. Sure works on CDs for me.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Hi Ron,

I'm very happy to hear that as I ordered my 201 one month ago and my dealer in Belgium did not know anything about the 301... !
I sincerely hope that the 301 will cost much more than the 201, if it's much better : sometimes it's not the case, even with Mac products...

Hi Everyone!
I am a huge Mc fan... MC501's, MC275, C1000T, VPI Aries 3 (modified), MS300, and Focal 1037Be's. My question is this... I am buying the MDA1000, but I wife is due with our baby soon... am I missing out not having the MCD1000? I will have it in the future, but just not immediate future. Who knows when...
I love this forum and really like everyone's opinion. Thanks, Siberhuskie

Right... I have an MS300... that' s what it will be used with and the MCD1000 later..... much later. I know the MCD1000 is a transport. I drool over the MCD1000, I am wanting to improve my sound from the MS300. Do I wait and buy both MCD/MDA1000 or pull the trigger on the MDA1000 now. FYI... I want to buy it now. I have a feeling that it will make make a difference... a BIG difference.

Right... I have an MS300... that' s what it will be used with and the MCD1000 later..... much later. I know the MCD1000 is a transport. I drool over the MCD1000, I am wanting to improve my sound from the MS300. Do I wait and buy both MCD/MDA1000 or pull the trigger on the MDA1000 now. FYI... I want to buy it now. I have a feeling that it will make make a difference... a BIG difference.

Adding a MDA to your MS300 will make a monumental difference.

Adding a MCD1000 in place of your MS300 transport will not sonically; visually yes, sonically no.

I would just go for the MDA1000. Demo the MCD at home later and see if you think the improvements over the MS300 are worth the 7k. With the MDA bought, your dealer should be nice enough to lend you a MCD :yes:

Good luck!

howie

I would just like to say that de mechanism of the MCD1000 is a hugh difference compared with that of the MS300 or the MVP871.
I do hear a difference when you use the EBU/AES link to connect the MCD with the MDA.
The combination MDA/MCD, compared with MDA/MS300, I would say there is more detail with the first one

Yes, there is a small difference with MCD/MDA using the AES/EBU connection as compared to MS300 or MCD201 used as a transport for example. While that small difference in sound may not be worth the price of admission to some, the build quality of MCD and the matching looks of the MCD/MDA combo was completely worth it to me. :thmbsp:

An option to upgrade our MCD201 to MCD301's for the difference in retail alone would be appreciated, since many are not 100% happy with the transport noise of their 201.. (it isn't because you give up on something that you're 100% happy with it).

Yes,the transport noice is a horrible aspect of this all in all lovely player.
I'm thrilled that the mcd 301 is comming.A bliss!:banana:

Ron-c,
Could you please describe the differences between 201 and 301?
I hope it's not classified till the official presentation,but even if so,we are among friends...

Will the new MCD301 be the same height as the MCD201?
I was wondering so I know if it will fit in the same space as my MCD201.
thanks
eljr

Will the new MCD301 be the same height as the MCD201?
I was wondering so I know if it will fit in the same space as my MCD201.
thanks
eljr

I believe the MCD301 is using the exact same case as the MCD201. It looks identical on the outside to me.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom