McIntosh 300/300 Watt - Owned by a church group??

That's actually not unlikely at all. Churches were among the early adapters for sound reinforcement, and may have been more careful about what equipment they used than a club or disco -- typically the people in church aren't drunk, and they are actually trying to understand what's being said. Macs and Bozaks and the like are not uncommon in older setups. And of course there was the Heresy -- Klipsch ads made a point of showing them in churches.

That is quite possibly the best looking amplifier I've ever seen.

And since it's a Mc, it probably sounds better than it looks.

Too bad I'm not made of $, or I'd get that.

Maybe, just maybe all the scratches will keep the value down.

::runs and hides so the pioneer guys don't notice what I'm up to::

Yes indeed, churches sometimes installed TOTL systems. I recently purchased four Altec 9844A studio monitors from a very large church install.

If the auction is allowed to run, that amp should easily fetch 2K or better, otherwise it'll soon be connected to those studio monitors i just mentioned!

Hey PioneerGuy, all that blue light is bad for your eyes, sure ya don't wanna part with some?

I love blue lights!

I also love those big blue front-lit meters.

That right there is the perfect look for an amp, IMHO.

Trust me, if i had my way, i'd go back to 1979-80 and introduce the "series II" of spec 2 and spec 4 to include the largest yet flouroscan displays!

Sure there's lots of other very asthetically pleasing gear out there, but NOTHING will ever compare to that beautiful silver & blue.

The CT-F900 was our first flouroscan equipped piece, was it THE first component they marketed with flouroscan?

I'd be a little cautious on this amp as the seller says it "powers up but has not been tested". That statement from a seller that has purchased five pro amps in the last few monthes kind of flys a red flag to me. If he has that many amps, how does he not list this amp as "in working condition" or some other better condition?

westend said:
I'd be a little cautious on this amp as the seller says it "powers up but has not been tested". That statement from a seller that has purchased five pro amps in the last few monthes kind of flys a red flag to me. If he has that many amps, how does he not list this amp as "in working condition" or some other better condition?

Agreed.

That amp is in my neighborhood, i've been in contact with the seller and he's perfectly agreeable to local pickup. The ease of contact, and agreeable local pickup pretty much quells any suspicions of mine, but as always your mileage may vary.

Can i afford to bid what it should be worth dead or alive?................ not at this time.

Back
Top Bottom